Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

At what point do you do favoritism for a position?

Favoritism is a very common thing in my country because the elite keep rotating the key positions of the company amongst themselves. That is exactly what is obtainable.

Advertisement Placeholder
There have been a lot of talk about how bad favoritism is especially in the public space but at the end of the day somebody is definitely going to have bias. At the end of the day I think that favoritism is going to come in place if you are finding it difficult to select two candidates and one person is somebody that you know that has proven quality.

The only real favour I could give to someone I know who is applying for a job I am presiding over is to employ them base on skills, if they truly are qualified for the job I don't mind employing them.

In as much as favouritism is bad and it should be encouraged that a lot of people should kick against it, it is as well important that you should know where to apply it as well. You are definitely going to choose favoritism if you have two candidates that are of equal strength and you do not know which particular want to choose.

Favouring someone for a position is sometimes difficult but there are exceptional cases, in such cases if I want to it's will be for someone that I know is capable and can handle the job then I can do that

If only the person is qualified for the job with the necessary skills and knowledge and a good working strategy
I think that should be the only reason for any reason whatsoever that one can even consider a close relative of friend into your organisation,this is so because this is an official duty and meant for profit making.

I think that should be the only reason for any reason whatsoever that one can even consider a close relative of friend into your organisation,this is so because this is an official duty and meant for profit making.
In any business qualification is very important . There is no need for favouritism if the person you are trying to favour does not have what it takes to manage or handle the responsibility he or she is about to face

In any business qualification is very important . There is no need for favouritism if the person you are trying to favour does not have what it takes to manage or handle the responsibility he or she is about to face
That is very correct,the aspect of qualification is one thing,but there are other things that would be required of an intending employee,attitude to work and experience comes in as well.

That is very correct,the aspect of qualification is one thing,but there are other things that would be required of an intending employee,attitude to work and experience comes in as well.
Well , to me I see the other things like experience to be a minor issues because as the person is working in my business organisation the person will be learning , although it is very very important depending on the type of business or job

There are some point in our life's that we tend to be doing favouritism one way or the other , for example if you are a teacher , you will have your favourite among among the students , though its not good thing to do .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds