Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

As a business what weighting is placed on economic vs environmental gains

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
Credits
As a business the most important thing that you are looking for is the profit that you turn over. However, there are many investors currently that are looking into other factors in addition to the economics of a business, such as the environmental impact that the business has. Businesses that affect the environment is a negative way are less likely in my opinion to get investments made into their product, because it does not promote sustainable development, which can be very damaging later down the road. In fact there are many investors that focus a lot on how 'green' a company is and therefore can withdraw their investment if they feel that the company is not doing so.

In your opinion, what is the weighting or percentage importance of economics to environmental gain? I believe that it is equally as important and should be considered on a 50/50 basis. What are your thoughts on this?

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe so, I think it is important to consider the environmental impact that your organisation will have. There is no way you would set up an industry most, and not make it environmentally friendly, to avoid backlash from environmentalist and whatnot. I think it is important to put into consideration the effects to environment before setting up shop.

I believe so, I think it is important to consider the environmental impact that your organisation will have. There is no way you would set up an industry most, and not make it environmentally friendly, to avoid backlash from environmentalist and whatnot. I think it is important to put into consideration the effects to environment before setting up shop.
Also if you consider the way the world is going and proceeding, environmental impacts are taking precedence and they determine the sustainability of your venture/business into the future as well. If you are unable to maintain the environment it is likely that perhaps your business will not be sustained in the future. Therefore having a good business in the environment will certainly help you in the future as well.

The environmental impact of a business has a huge impact on the success of any business. This same environment issues can mar the development of a business e.g Shell, a crude oil production company in Nigeria has had several issues with the people of Niger Delta over the negative impact of their oil production activities. These issues dragged on for a very long time until it eventually culminated into shell deciding to leave Nigeria. So it's true that the environmental impact of a business can determine the life shelf of a business entity.

The environmental impact of a business has a huge impact on the success of any business. This same environment issues can mar the development of a business e.g Shell, a crude oil production company in Nigeria has had several issues with the people of Niger Delta over the negative impact of their oil production activities. These issues dragged on for a very long time until it eventually culminated into shell deciding to leave Nigeria. So it's true that the environmental impact of a business can determine the life shelf of a business entity.
This is a very good example. Failing to meet the environmental rules and regulations and having a negative environmental impact is often met with a lot of fines from the governments, with emission taxes and so forth and this can greatly cut into the profitability of a business as well. Also, the repeated fines will not be a good in terms of a reputation for the business as well.

The concern for the environmental impact is left to the big corporations who can afford to conduct some environmental programs like the regular cleaning of their district or the planting of trees. But the factories here have no concern for environment because it is very visible that they have their sewage system connected to the river or the sea. Some factories are also using incinerators and generators that is run by diesel. Small businesses need not be concerned with environment, they just focus on the profitability.

The concern for the environmental impact is left to the big corporations who can afford to conduct some environmental programs like the regular cleaning of their district or the planting of trees. But the factories here have no concern for environment because it is very visible that they have their sewage system connected to the river or the sea. Some factories are also using incinerators and generators that is run by diesel. Small businesses need not be concerned with environment, they just focus on the profitability.
However, with any small business you are likely thinking about future expansions in the business and growing it into a larger and bigger business as well, and in order to do that you should already either have environmental measures implemented or plans for how to address it with expansion. Having your waste connected to the river or sea is also a very bad way to dispose of waste as well as this is also causing rising concerns for aquatic life.

The topic you address in this thread is very important, as it is of utmost importance that existing companies or potential entrepreneurs take the environment very much into account. In my country most of the companies that have industrial machines are isolated from certain sectors where they do not affect the population or green areas. Since the environment must be free and healthy to take care of all of us.

Environment is one of the key aspect you as an entrepreneur have to look into cause it's a key advantage that will determined either the business will succeed or will continue struggling.

The environment plays a very huge role on the successes of a business and you should try to ensure you put your business where your market will find you, and where there is adequate security.

As a business the most important thing that you are looking for is the profit that you turn over. However, there are many investors currently that are looking into other factors in addition to the economics of a business, such as the environmental impact that the business has. Businesses that affect the environment is a negative way are less likely in my opinion to get investments made into their product, because it does not promote sustainable development, which can be very damaging later down the road. In fact there are many investors that focus a lot on how 'green' a company is and therefore can withdraw their investment if they feel that the company is not doing so.

In your opinion, what is the weighting or percentage importance of economics to environmental gain? I believe that it is equally as important and should be considered on a 50/50 basis. What are your thoughts on this?
I don't think it should be allow l,any business economic affecting the environment in a negative way should be giving full access to run in our environment,for example some pharmacy sell fake drugs or illegal drugs which is not to be allow in our environment,but base on the corrupt government we have they manege to be selling it,and it's really affecting the environment and the people inside it. I think the best way is to know how to wipe all those kind of bad economical away from us.

These days I do not think businesses care about environmental impact. They are for money and s long as they are making money, they continue to do so. Look at the billionaires vying for space race, all they want is to develop space tourism.

The effect of climate change on the environment should be on the front burner for all big and major corporations because they are the ones that I meet most of the gaseous emissions that goes on to deplete the ozone layer which is a major reason for climate change.

These days I do not think businesses care about environmental impact. They are for money and s long as they are making money, they continue to do so. Look at the billionaires vying for space race, all they want is to develop space tourism.
I think that the environmental impact is just as important because with some companies they actually tend to incur fines as well if they are not within certain regulations. Therefore this would affect their profit. It is best to spend that little bit extra in order to reduce these extra charges.

Truly the basis of business is profit consideration, but some business activities impact negatively on the environment. That's why there are regulators,government agencies charged with ensuring environmental safety.

The business can only focus on environmental again if it is funded by the people in community. If you are the founder I think economical gain comes first.

The business can only focus on environmental again if it is funded by the people in community. If you are the founder I think economical gain comes first.
If you are the founder economical gain is a very important point that needs to be considered because that will determine how you proceed with the business and if it is possible to expand it or even keep it going in the first place. However if you are damaging the environment you can generally incur quite a bit of taxation and also fines from the government that will affect your economic gains.

This is really a good topic you just raised. I think a lot of companies or let me say CEO do not really look at the impact of there Business to the environment. All they are after is to make profit even if there Business will make the environment more Volatile for others to live in

This is really a good topic you just raised. I think a lot of companies or let me say CEO do not really look at the impact of there Business to the environment. All they are after is to make profit even if there Business will make the environment more Volatile for others to live in
This is very true and I think that is why major companies are now starting to place a considerable amount of emphasis on the environmental benefits that they are able to offer with the company. Also when it comes to people investing in your specific business it is very important that they see that you are environmentally conscious as well.

I think the environmental gain should have a higher percentage. The environment plays a really important role in business growth, every other thing is secondary.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds