Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

As a business what weighting is placed on economic vs environmental gains

Every business should seek to have a positive impact on their environment and that's what majority of them do by having CSR. You can't just be out making profits to the detriment of the community you're in.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think the environmental gain should have a higher percentage. The environment plays a really important role in business growth, every other thing is secondary.
If the environment is not actually getting very well it is always going to get to the point where I'm buy it is not going to be favorable for the business anymore which will make it to decline.

Environment is one of the key aspect you as an entrepreneur have to look into cause it's a key advantage that will determined either the business will succeed or will continue struggling.
Without their environment there is no way the business can actually be able to do anything because the community are the ones that are going to patronize the business so everything about the business is centred on the environment.

Definitely this is important and one need to be conscious always of what our organization contribute to the society and not just be focused on making profit but also keen on making the society better

Truly the basis of business is profit consideration, but some business activities impact negatively on the environment. That's why there are regulators,government agencies charged with ensuring environmental safety.
Personally, I believe that every business is actually set up to make profit which is why it is one of the core principles that is guiding or business Enterprise but also taking care of the community when your business operate is very essential for your business survival.

I believe so, I think it is important to consider the environmental impact that your organisation will have. There is no way you would set up an industry most, and not make it environmentally friendly, to avoid backlash from environmentalist and whatnot. I think it is important to put into consideration the effects to environment before setting up shop.
The environment for your business is setup is very important as the success of your business because it is where your business customers come from and once they are not in support of your business you are not going anywhere.

The concern for the environmental impact is left to the big corporations who can afford to conduct some environmental programs like the regular cleaning of their district or the planting of trees. But the factories here have no concern for environment because it is very visible that they have their sewage system connected to the river or the sea. Some factories are also using incinerators and generators that is run by diesel. Small businesses need not be concerned with environment, they just focus on the profitability.

The environment is very important,because we need a good and non polluted envirnment to be able to carry out our function as an individual or as an entity.Because once the environment is destroyed it would be very difficult to do any meaningful thing.

Both of them must be put into consideration, they are fifty-fifty since environmental factors also play a very important role in the success of a business. . The economic situation shouldn't be put into consideration alone.

There is no way you would set up an industry most, and not make it environmentally friendly, to avoid backlash from environmentalist and whatnot. I think it is important to put into consideration the effects to environment before setting up shop.

Being aware of the environment is one of the most important things you can do as an entrepreneur because it will influence whether or not the business succeeds.

Environmental concerns are becoming progressively crucial for enterprises, and new buildings can generate revenue for the areas in which they are erected by attracting new businesses and inhabitants. Furthermore, rules (such as ecological protections) are in place to balance economic benefits with environmental issues.

These days I do not think businesses care about environmental impact. They are for money and s long as they are making money, they continue to do so. Look at the billionaires vying for space race, all they want is to develop space tourism.

This is the reality of what is happening in my country today with a lot of oil companies that are drilling oil in so many places and destroying the environment completely without any form of composition.

Even those electric car companies are exploiting the resources in developing economies to build batteries for their automobiles. These big companies are based in first world and they are exploiting third world countries.

People don't look at environment most times if the economy of such business is good. When a business has good economy then tendency of investing high will occur. Environment is still a second part just to have a saver investment but economic effect is done mostly because of desperation.

The bottomline is that you should make sure that your business does not have a negative impact on the environment. If you have a mindset of solving problems as the driving force of your business, you won't create more problems by polluting the environment.

As a business entrepreneur, all what we are targeting is to make profit fromnthe business , and we just also be looking for how our business will have a positive impact on the community , for example , employing some of the locals , giving them good roads and many more .

As a business the most important thing that you are looking for is the profit that you turn over. However, there are many investors currently that are looking into other factors in addition to the economics of a business, such as the environmental impact that the business has. Businesses that affect the environment is a negative way are less likely in my opinion to get investments made into their product, because it does not promote sustainable development, which can be very damaging later down the road. In fact there are many investors that focus a lot on how 'green' a company is and therefore can withdraw their investment if they feel that the company is not doing so.

In your opinion, what is the weighting or percentage importance of economics to environmental gain? I believe that it is equally as important and should be considered on a 50/50 basis. What are your thoughts on this?
I agree with you. I also believe that the weighting placed on a business economic and environmental gains should be in equal percentage. One shouldn't weigh more than the other.

Also if you consider the way the world is going and proceeding, environmental impacts are taking precedence and they determine the sustainability of your venture/business into the future as well. If you are unable to maintain the environment it is likely that perhaps your business will not be sustained in the future. Therefore having a good business in the environment will certainly help you in the future as well.
The world is dynamic and that is why people should be able to adjust to the change is that the world is making so that you will continue to be successful in whatever business you do

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds