Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are there any difference between sales and marketing department of a company?

Ralphjoe

Captain Junkie
Credits
There is a general consensus that sales is that department in a company that is in charge of boosting the sales of a company while marketing is also a department that is meant to improve the sales of a business.
Knowing these two, are there difference between them or they mean the same thing?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well from my own perspective I think they’re the same. Sales department deals with boosting sales and devising ways to market goods and this is the same for marketing. From my experience I believe the two is always combined as a section in a company

There is a general consensus that sales is that department in a company that is in charge of boosting the sales of a company while marketing is also a department that is meant to improve the sales of a business.
Knowing these two, are there difference between them or they mean the same thing?
This depends mainly on the size of the organization. Big companies some times separates the sales department from the marketing department just to reduce the work load of the superior of the marketing department since the workers are many.

Depends on the size of the company. However both of them work hand in hand , and I think some companies even tag it as 'sales and marketing' department. So basically we can't have one without the other. They work hand in hand to ensure successful sales of the company's products.

You differentiated between sales and marketing department. Sales is the marketable product in question, while the marketing department are the ones that make distributes sales to reach the consumers doorstep.

You differentiated between sales and marketing department. Sales is the marketable product in question, while the marketing department are the ones that make distributes sales to reach the consumers doorstep.
I am talking about sales as a department in a company not sales as a product please, you will agree with me that big companies do have sales department and also marketing department, I think it's duplication of department.

Just as the name of this departments suggest, the marketing team makes sure to promote the products and services in order to find the right customers while the sales team takes care of the whole process of selling the products and services.

I am talking about sales as a department in a company not sales as a product please, you will agree with me that big companies do have sales department and also marketing department, I think it's duplication of department.
Lol, I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your post. Company have this two bodies, sales department and marketing department. Maybe the sales department are the ones that operates together with marketing department. The marketing departments are the ones that markets in large quantities of the company's products.

Sale department and marketing department are working together in a company. A small company can combine the two department to one.
Sale department is the department that in charge of selling product for customers in a company. It's a where customers go directly to buy product in company. While marketing department is in charge of distribution of product to different locations of customers.

The sales department takes care of selling and distribution of goods and service while the marketing department promotes the goods, find out information about competitors, find out the demands of their customers and how to improve their services more to their customers demand.

In most companies in my locality the sales department and marketing department aren't different because I think they do almost the same work... Personally I do not know any difference between them...

Selling department to me are the immediate sellers of goods for example if i want to go and buy goods the sell department will handle it for me, marketing department are the department which has to do with advertising, creating awareness to make sure the goods reaches the hand the hand of prospective buyers.it actually depends on the setting of an organization , sometimes one department can handle both of them.
[automerge]1609307230[/automerge]
Selling department to me are the immediate sellers of goods for example if i want to go and buy goods the sell department will handle it for me, marketing department are the department which has to do with advertising, creating awareness to make sure the goods reaches the hand the hand of prospective buyers.it actually depends on the setting of an organization , sometimes one department can handle both of them.

Sales department are the one who attend to the needs of the customer. They build customer relationship and retaining them. Sales are responsible for growing the business by making sales. While the marketing deparment is responsible for developing marketing strategy to promote the products and services. They are done research to identify the target market.

The term, sales, refers to all activities that lead to the selling of goods and services. And marketingis the process of getting people interested in the goods and services being sold. ... Marketing departments are responsible for running campaigns to attract people to the business' brand, product, or service.

The term sales, refers all activities that leads to the selling of goods and services, while marketing is the process of getting people interested in the goods and services sold. Marketing department is responsible for running campaigns to attract people to the business’ brand, product or service

There is not a big gap between sales and marketing, but there is difference between sales and marketing. Every company hires both sales and marketing professionals.

Sales and marketing are not so much different, both have the same objectives and targets. Sales are carrying out on the small scales, while marketing is carrying out on the large scales and both needs hardworking.

Both work in hands, sales comes when marketing is strong and sales shows the strength of company's marketing.

In a simple terms, sales is when a customer buys something from a company. Marketing on the other hand is the system put in place to generate multiple sales.

If the marketing of a company is strong sales will come with ease.

Yes, there are differences between sales department and marketing department but the issue is that these days a marketer also does the job of a sales representative. Performing both functions which is making the people aware of goods and make sure it gets to them.

Yes definetly sales is where u are communicating with client and sell him product and marketing is where you are letting people know about your product and provide them knowledge to increase your sale

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds