Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are employment contracts a must?

Credits
I recently got employed as a delivery driver for a pizza shop, on a hourly paid basis. Interview went well, although, it was informal and no formal interview questions were asked. Management told me the hours I was working, and, didn’t give me a employment contract to sign. According to ACAS and government officials, a employment contract that is legally binding is a legal requirement. It’s because it protects the employee if they are treated unfairly or discriminated against.

What are you’re views on this? Are contracts a must in employment? Share your thoughts on employment contracts.

Advertisement Placeholder
Definitely, so everything is organized and utter, and then as you say if something happens to you while working the company has to take care of you, whenever if it's insurance or Compensation money when you get fired, there are many things as of those I mentioned that must be in the contract so the employee can feel convenient to work there.
I would rather work under companies which have the contract so then I can feel convenient and work without worries.

Contract is like bond and an agreement between the organisation and the new workers that states the dos and don't of the organisation and the payment agreement in a more organised way.

We have definitely seen a lot of stories about companies who have refused to pay workers their exact wages so a contract and a job description is very important.

If you plan on hiring short or long-term, having a written agreement protects you and the people you hire.

I know some people who have hired people without contracts and ended up getting sued down the road for something that was completely uncalled for.

I'd like to say yes. Any company that gives a contract to her employee is showing commitment to catering for their overall well being. These contracts always come with perks such as health benefits and retirement packages.

That is one of the things an employer should always provide for his employee,because it will serve as an agreement document for both parties in the case of any issue that arise in the work place,you are suppose to demand for it.

There are many companies in here that do not retain a worker for a really long time and they tend to hire and fire many people without even forming a contract.

There are many companies in here that do not retain a worker for a really long time and they tend to hire and fire many people without even forming a contract.
I am aware that there are some contracts and engagements that are verbally agreed upon. However, it is important to get paperwork because verbal agreements may not have legal backing if one party recants.

Since you will be working under someone which is not your own business, then you definitely need an employment contract that's needed to be sign , which must have the neccesary agreement .

I am aware that there are some contracts and engagements that are verbally agreed upon. However, it is important to get paperwork because verbal agreements may not have legal backing if one party recants.

Many people do not form a legal agreement because they tend to trust the other party. It is okay to trust people in case they are good people, however, many cases do not end well.

Many people do not form a legal agreement because they tend to trust the other party. It is okay to trust people in case they are good people, however, many cases do not end well.
When you trusted each other so much , you forget about signing the necessary agreement contract and decided to trust word of mouth agreement which might backfire later on .

When you trusted each other so much , you forget about signing the necessary agreement contract and decided to trust word of mouth agreement which might backfire later on .

Well, this is why many people undergo the legal process when it comes to signing contract. However, many people never form a verbal agreement because they might think that the other party may think that we do not trust them.

Contract is very important in an employment because it's what bind the agreement between the employee and the employer. However, small business doesn't take contract signing very serious because it require a lot of process. The contract itself must be approved a notary. It's has a long process.

Contract is very important in an employment because it's what bind the agreement between the employee and the employer. However, small business doesn't take contract signing very serious because it require a lot of process. The contract itself must be approved a notary. It's has a long process.

It is very important to read all the details about the contract before signing such kind of contract. Many employees make the mistake of not reading the terms and condition properly at all.

Yes it is important that employees' contracts are properly prepared, agreed upon and signed by the parties involved. This will make the details and terms of employment valid and binding on both parties.
It is very important to read all the details about the contract before signing such kind of contract. Many employees make the mistake of not reading the terms and condition properly at all.

Yes it is important that employees' contracts are properly prepared, agreed upon and signed by the parties involved. This will make the details and terms of employment valid and binding on both parties.

I once tried to work for a company that handed me a whole book of contract that contain around 5 to 10 pages of terms and conditions! They never permitted us to take it with us to home or read it!

It is very important because it will define the modus operandi. It will tell you the binding agreement and what you should do and what you should not. It is an important thing to have an agreement binding you at work.

Most of employers refuses to contract employees because many employees becomes lazy after such a contract and do not do work at all, as maximum in company of 1000 employees then 100 are with contract and others just get salary in hand if they hardwork.

It is very important because it will define the modus operandi. It will tell you the binding agreement and what you should do and what you should not. It is an important thing to have an agreement binding you at work.
Understanding the rules and regulation of the company is a very important thing. The contract will contain all the Modus operandi of the business so that you will not go against it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds