Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Any difference between stock and shares?

The key difference between stock and shares is that stock is the broad term which is used more generally to represent the ownership of a person in one or more than one companies in the market, whereas, the term share in comparatively a narrow term which is used to represent the ownership of a person in a particular single company in the market.
I think these are similar things that have to with shares of a particular company. The difference might've due to economical and financial terms. Share is a portion of a particular company purchased but and external body while stock is the trading of the collection of shares.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, there's difference, stock is the supply of goods that is available for sale in a shop or store. While shares are assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group.

I have often seen people using the word 'stock and shares' together like investing in stock and share but I really don't know if they are the same or different.
If they are different what are the differences and which one is better to invest in?
I also in particular have been thinking and searching to know if there is difference between those two words or they are working together as the same team for the sake reason.

Stocks are openly traded and gives one chance to participate in the company's activities while shares gives a chance to own a part of the company.
What stock gives is returns while shares yield dividends and are paid out over a specific period of time especially after the company has made profit

Definition: 'Stock' represents the holder's part ownership in one or several companies. Meanwhile, 'share' refers to a single unit of ownership in a company. For example, if X has invested in stocks, it could mean that X has a portfolio of shares across different companies.

They are basically the same thing, only that one is a part and the other is a collection of companies. Shares are part of a company, while stocks are a group of them.

Stock refers to a larger amount, which means stocks are the collection of shares either within a company or multiple companies, while shares are the smallest units.

I think a stock is a collection of something
[automerge]1629975344[/automerge]
A stock is a collection of something to start investing into business while share is what you can buy to invest for future use, to start making money.

Shares is the fractional part of the company so I think thiers no difference between stock and shares , stock changes to share once you buy it

I will say the both are the same because , stock becomes shares ones you buy a fractional part of a company
[automerge]1631042818[/automerge]
Stock is the main business or a certified company who agree on selling somepart of thier company shares by fractional

Last edited:
Stock is a general term used to describe the ownership certificates of any company, and shares refers to the ownership certificates of a particular company. So, if investors say they own stocks, they are generally referring to their overall ownership in one or more companies. Technically, if someone says that they own shares - the question then becomes - shares in what company?

Actually the theing about stock is that it is the unbrella that houses the shares,shares is a unit of shares,and it is traded in unit form on the stock exchange market,in bookkeeping it is called equity or capital.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds