Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Am I not built to be a webmaster?

Xyphien

Addicted member
Website
www.graphichub.net
Credits
So I have been a webmaster since I could remember, I believe I was in middle school when I made my first forum. I have always loved to do it, but now I realize I have dropped well over $5,000 into websites, without seeing a single penny in return. I feel like I am completely done with focusing on being a webmaster as a career. I tried so hard, and through lots of time, dedication, and money I found myself at the bottom of the totem poll with everything I have done.

At this point in time I work full time at McDonalds making $400 a paycheck which is barely enough to live off of, yet alone drop money into sites that I may never see established.

Has anyone here ever felt like this before? I feel there are simply too many webmasters, and despite having a unique, or good idea, it's almost pointless if you cannot dedicate 24 hours out of the day to it. And seeing as I work from the time I get up, to the time I go to bed practically, I feel it's almost impossible to do anything about it.

Any advice on this at all?

Advertisement Placeholder
From my experience I can tell you, its quite hard to earn money from the webmaster niche unless you make your own applications or "scripts which can automate SEO stuffs"!

There are a lot of other niches where you could have made a lot of money. For example, sports news/celebrity news/educational articles/science news/technology news etc. I see you have spend over $5k for your past websites. With that money you could have hired someone to write for your websites with the above mentioned niches and made some money by using adsense or sponsored articles!

From my experience I can tell you, its quite hard to earn money from the webmaster niche unless you make your own applications or "scripts which can automate SEO stuffs"!

There are a lot of other niches where you could have made a lot of money. For example, sports news/celebrity news/educational articles/science news/technology news etc. I see you have spend over $5k for your past websites. With that money you could have hired someone to write for your websites with the above mentioned niches and made some money by using adsense or sponsored articles!
I'm not giving up entirely, I am currently selling all my sites, and keeping two personal sites for my own personal reasons. One being a gaming blog, and the other a community for a specific disability, as there has been no forums for it. With this, I'll be putting some money into advertising it. However, for my gaming blog, I am not paying for posts, instead I'm trying to find people interested in posting not for pay, but to simply post.

5K for webmaster things omg.. i am crying out for spending 100$ for my sites and hosting..

Anyway, you could have planned how to spend that much money. But past is past, with your current sites add valuable content and time with little investment. You will surely get back what you spent..loosing things and experimenting is the best way to avoid problems in the future.

5K for webmaster things omg.. i am crying out for spending 100$ for my sites and hosting..

Anyway, you could have planned how to spend that much money. But past is past, with your current sites add valuable content and time with little investment. You will surely get back what you spent..loosing things and experimenting is the best way to avoid problems in the future.
I'm actually done making sites like that, I'm working on two personal projects. One a lot personal than the other. GameHandout is the one site, and the other I'd wish to to say until I get some supporters, and hear back from iHaze first.

I think SEOAccountant could be your breakthrough if you keep working on it. Here are some ideas:

- Encourage Ebook Sellers to place their ebook in your marketplace. Promise them 0 fees for the first month i.e. you will take a small loss on each sale of their ebook.
- Give people FP$ WGBB$ or whatever to list on your market.
- Have an affiliate competition like SEOClerks did on a smaller scale. I.e. You win $100 if your affiliate earnings are the highest and the total competition value is over $1500.

I think SEOAccountant could be your breakthrough if you keep working on it. Here are some ideas:

- Encourage Ebook Sellers to place their ebook in your marketplace. Promise them 0 fees for the first month i.e. you will take a small loss on each sale of their ebook.
- Give people FP$ WGBB$ or whatever to list on your market.
- Have an affiliate competition like SEOClerks did on a smaller scale. I.e. You win $100 if your affiliate earnings are the highest and the total competition value is over $1500.
I just put in my two weeks notice for my job, and I'm NOT spending any more money on sites at all. I have spent a significant amount, and people simply are not interested in SEOAccountant as much as I'd hoped. I'm actually in the debate of selling the whole network for a small price, as well as %10 of all future profits which I believe is a good investment on my end.

As I said, I'm focusing on two main sites, sorry for linking them but they are http://www.gamehandout.com and http://www.tourettes.me which are both two things I am greatly interested in, as I have always been a gamer, and I suffer from having tourettes. These two are currently my main, and only focus and I feel like I cannot do what it takes to get seoaccountant, as well as the whole acocuntant industry off the ground, and I'd like to give someone else a shot at what I failed to do.

I just put in my two weeks notice for my job, and I'm NOT spending any more money on sites at all. I have spent a significant amount, and people simply are not interested in SEOAccountant as much as I'd hoped. I'm actually in the debate of selling the whole network for a small price, as well as %10 of all future profits which I believe is a good investment on my end.

Well it's your decision. My thoughts were that SEOAccountant was a well designed site which could be successful. Good luck with selling it then! :D

Well it's your decision. My thoughts were that SEOAccountant was a well designed site which could be successful. Good luck with selling it then! :D
I may continue with it, I'm unsure yet. I will be putting in my two weeks notice on Monday, so after that, I may either have a job or not, it's all up to the people on hiring me at this point. I just couldn't do it any more. So I may have some more free time to spend advertising, ect. I just simply cannot afford to do any giveaways, and I'm already in debt with that site as is.

Don't give up Xyphien! I started off spending $200-$300 buying nice themes and unnecessary expenses. I realized in order to make money online, there are tonnes of way to do it without paying a dime. Besides hosting and domain fees, you can do it.

You can use other popular sites to drive traffic to your site or forums.
You can write on writing sites such as Hubpages/Squidoo to get some traffic and back links.
Social networks such as Pinterest and Twitter can get you some followers.
Once you have traffic, then you can start selling ad banners to advertisers.
I would only suggest paying for web design after you have made some money online.

Hope that helps!

Don't give up Xyphien! I started off spending $200-$300 buying nice themes and unnecessary expenses. I realized in order to make money online, there are tonnes of way to do it without paying a dime. Besides hosting and domain fees, you can do it.

You can use other popular sites to drive traffic to your site or forums.
You can write on writing sites such as Hubpages/Squidoo to get some traffic and back links.
Social networks such as Pinterest and Twitter can get you some followers.
Once you have traffic, then you can start selling ad banners to advertisers.
I would only suggest paying for web design after you have made some money online.

Hope that helps!

I'm not stopping completely, I'm just selling my 'company' and working on two projects, one is something I love doing, and the other one is a personal disability community for people with tourettes. I am done trying to be a webmaster as a career, and I'm going to start focusing on things to do elsewhere.

Yours truly has bought it off!

Sad to see it up for sale, as it can have potential!
However, with the right mind and people working on it, hopefully it can go even further.

I have already started purchasing gigs off people to help get it going. Also purchased a few ad spots on some websites. Next thing to do is to get Shady to finish that theme once and for all.

Yours truly has bought it off!

Sad to see it up for sale, as it can have potential!
However, with the right mind and people working on it, hopefully it can go even further.

I have already started purchasing gigs off people to help get it going. Also purchased a few ad spots on some websites. Next thing to do is to get Shady to finish that theme once and for all.

Nice one! I should have signed up a while ago, I will make sure to. :)

I have felt like you many times, but thankfully I am yet to give up on making a living from online.

Maybe you are not monetizing your forum well, maybe you need to try out more affiliate programs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds