Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Affiliate Marketing: Amazon Vs. Commission Junction

Zevin

Captain Junkie
Credits
Currently, I am not doing any affiliate marketing, however, in the past I have done affiliate marketing for Commission Junction (CJ) and Amazon. IN this post, I will share my experience.
I joined Amazon Associate Program and began displaying hand picked Amazon products on my blog. When I chose products, I always made sure that I selected the products that were relevant to the niche of my website and the topic of the content. For example, when I did a review on a mobile handset, I used displayed mobile accessories and hand held devices on my page. I was able to sell one product and could not sell another. I stopped. If you want to continue use use the program you must sell at least one product in six months.
After the failure with Amazon, I started with CJ. I was able to sell some products and made $9. payment threshold was $50. I waited and waited for more products to sell, there was zero sales. I forgot about the program for some months, and one day when I checked my acocunt, my money ($9) was gone. They never gave any reason.

Advertisement Placeholder
CJ seems to be pretty strict. They can deny you for the affiliate program. And also you tend to not get much credit for the affiliate links on CJ. I have experienced that. In case of the amazon, my consistency is there with the amazon. I do make some of the good content for the amazon links and it can earn me some random commission.

I don't do amazon affiliate marketing as their commission is too small but there are some website and there are some side you can register and collect your affiliate link and if you can sell any products from those site you can make a commission up to 50% but that of Amazon is 5% which is totally unfair to affiliate marketers so I preferred clickbank and other affiliate industry. Sometimes becoming an affiliate marketer without a blog is very difficult

I encourage people to join Amazon or anyother paying site and make money there is a shipping company called yudala I don't know if they are still in existence, but I made some cool cash from them as an affiliate marketer.

If you want to make good amount of money form affiliate marketing you need to adopt the best strategy to make money from it. One of the best strategy to adopt is to find a hot niche to promote affordable and affiliate offers on. The second strategy is to get good amount of traffic to sell to, with these method you will make money in affiliate marketing. But I still prefer Amazon to affiliate junction

As for me, I choose Amazon associate programs over commission junction for lots of reasons.

Amazon associate accepts people worldwide and has wide varities of products you can promote which means you will always find products to promote irrespective of your niche.

For instance, I have a blog on 7 years old girl. A narrow niche, Amazon associate provides with appropriate product for my targeted audience.

It is not add to sell on Amazon associate if you have a website that drives lots of traffic. So making the first three sales to get qualify on the platform is pretty easy.

I also like there payment plans which are direct deposit, Amazon gift card, check. I choose direct deposit and It cost less than $3 to receive my earnings in my local bank all the way from US through Payoneer.

The Amazon Associates Program is one of the largest affiliate networks in the world that helps content creators, publishers, and website owners monetize their traffic. ... Not only do Associates earn commission on products they refer traffic to, they may also earn on other products their readers may purchase on Amazon.
CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction) is an online advertising company owned by Publicis Groupe operating in the affiliate marketing industry, which operates worldwide.

I haven't heard of commission junction before, but amazon associate is really great
If you want to promote physical products on your website, Amazon Associates is a good option.
With Amazon Associates, you can earn a commission on pretty much anything sold at Amazon.com.
What makes this program even more valuable is that you earn a commission on everything new that someone you refer purchases, even if it’s not the product you linked to.

Currently, I am not doing any affiliate marketing, however, in the past I have done affiliate marketing for Commission Junction (CJ) and Amazon. IN this post, I will share my experience.
I joined Amazon Associate Program and began displaying hand picked Amazon products on my blog. When I chose products, I always made sure that I selected the products that were relevant to the niche of my website and the topic of the content. For example, when I did a review on a mobile handset, I used displayed mobile accessories and hand held devices on my page. I was able to sell one product and could not sell another. I stopped. If you want to continue use use the program you must sell at least one product in six months.
After the failure with Amazon, I started with CJ. I was able to sell some products and made $9. payment threshold was $50. I waited and waited for more products to sell, there was zero sales. I forgot about the program for some months, and one day when I checked my acocunt, my money ($9) was gone. They never gave any reason.
Affiliate marketing is the emerging trend in E commerce. There are many people in the world, who are doing online affiliate marketing especially on Amazone.
Amazone is the most popular market place that sells products online.

Amazon is one the best and the most trusted platform for affiliating marketing. Just that that have low commission. Commission Junction has some strict policy. They can withold your money if you don't fulfil their policye even without any reason.

as more businesses are going digital, advertisers / brands are also on the lookout for affiliates to partner with. There is an increasing need to save costs and reduce risk. Many advertisers / brands now explore successful affiliate marketing techniques to promote their products and services.

What helps minimize the risk with affiliate marketing is that brands pay affiliates only when they see the affiliate sales. This means there is no requirement to pay upfront for an ad space. Affiliate marketing is an effective option for brands to reduce their risk while still benefiting from selling online during this coronavirus pandemic.

Amazon is an ecommerce platform so their commission will be very low. However, it's easier to get leads since they have a broad range of item. Commission junction on the other hand for getting leads for affiliate offers. The pay is very good but getting leads will be pretty difficult as you'll need to prepare sub platforms to capture leads.

Affiliate marketing is the process by which a person caller an affiliate earns money called commission for selling or marketing another person's or company's product in a particular area while commission junction also known as CJ is an online company owned by Publicis Groupe operating in the affiliate marketing industry, which operates worldwide. It involves making payment when people click on the links joined with it.

Hmm, I never heard before that someone lost all he had through Amazon affiliate marketing business. I'm hearing about this now, maybe you stayed longer than expected before coming back to amazon affiliate marketing.

Hmm, I never heard before that someone lost all he had through Amazon affiliate marketing business. I'm hearing about this now, maybe you stayed longer than expected before coming back to amazon affiliate marketing.
You got this wrong. I did not say I lost what I earned on Amazon affiliate. I said the money I had made on Commission Junction was lost due to account inactivity or other reasons, which I don't know much. I did sell one product via Amazon Affiliate, if I hadn't I would have lost my account because they disable the associate account if they cannot sell in the first six months.

I have tried a lot of affiliate networks, however, I was not very successful. Therefore, I gave up. If any one wants nlto try his hands on affiliate marketing, I suggest to use amazon. Even though their commission rate is low, it is a company trusted by millions and people prefer to buy on amazon instead of xyz company. Amazon gives you many tools for affiliate marketing. I think amazon native ads are really cool.

Amazon is the best choice for affiliate marketing because it's the biggest and most profitable e-commerce website in the world. They care so much about their reputation and they wouldn't give you bad service at any time.

Talking about CJ, I think it's a good alternative to Amazon. They also offer great products as compared to click bank. The best part is they also deliver reliable conversion pixels. You also get to enjoy linking options in order to drive sales. CJ also support direct bank deposits.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds