Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Advertising on Social Media

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Have you ever thought about advertising on social networks?

Do you think the traffic there would be useful?

I think it depends on what your forum or website is about. I think a General Chat forum would receive a higher click through rate than a code forum.
I think the problem with social networks is, well, as the name implies, 'networks'. Unless the page have many followers or friends, I imagine it would be hard to bring significant raise in traffic and activity to the forum. Thinking another way around, they are good tools to use to keep members updated with what's happening around. I think it works if we buy advertisement slot in those networks.

I have run ads on multiple social media platforms numerous times. I have not only advertised events, products, and businesses, but also my content and social pages. In order to become successful with your social ads, you need to target your ad to the proper audience.

I have done various advertising on social media and in various forms, it is a really good way to promote a blog , website or forum if you are well enlightened about how to use it properly.

I haven't advertised a forum but I've used social media advertising for something else. We got clicks...but in the end we didn't get people. And that's what we wanted was people. I think that in order to properly use advertising on social media, you need to run the ads multiple times throughout the year. It takes over 7 times before people get interested.

I have in the past considered using social media to advertise my sites on but I guess my only worry if whether or not it would be worth it to do so especially with how much it costs so I have been a little dubious. I have found that free ways of advertising my sites usually tend to work well for me and unless I was really making any money back from my site, I wouldn't invest in advertising too early on unless I knew for sure it was going to be a success.

The conversion rate for your ads depend on what you are offering. If you are advertising to bring members on your site, advertisintg might be just a waste of money.

The best social media places to advertise a site right now (regardless if it's a roleplay or not) would be - TikTok (hugely popular for the young adult niche), Facebook Pages, Twitter, maybe Reddit. Mewe has been trying so hard to be an "alternative" to Facebook....but it's overrun with XXX content right now. If you're "XXX niche" (regardless of what the site is), really only Fetlife and maybe AltLife is your only option.

The best social media places to advertise a site right now (regardless if it's a roleplay or not) would be - TikTok (hugely popular for the young adult niche), Facebook Pages, Twitter, maybe Reddit. Mewe has been trying so hard to be an "alternative" to Facebook....but it's overrun with XXX content right now. If you're "XXX niche" (regardless of what the site is), really only Fetlife and maybe AltLife is your only option.
That might be so but how do you effectively advertise on TikTok, when it's a social media site for mainly videos? I would assume a scrolling video of your website/forum wouldn't get much views or go viral.

That might be so but how do you effectively advertise on TikTok, when it's a social media site for mainly videos? I would assume a scrolling video of your website/forum wouldn't get much views or go viral.
I've seen people get pretty creative with this. Have a nice lo-fi or other instrumental piece in the background, grab some quotes from members and use the read-over voice to read the quote of the member post (or part of it) in the 15 second option. If it's something interesting or insightful, might get someone's attention. Then tag is right to get the appropriate audience attention. You can also stitch videos with relavant tiktok users in your niche and plug your site that way :)

I've seen people get pretty creative with this. Have a nice lo-fi or other instrumental piece in the background, grab some quotes from members and use the read-over voice to read the quote of the member post (or part of it) in the 15 second option. If it's something interesting or insightful, might get someone's attention. Then tag is right to get the appropriate audience attention. You can also stitch videos with relavant tiktok users in your niche and plug your site that way :)
That doesn't sound too bad actually. I could definitely see that work and even would attempt to create such video. I'm terrible at editing, but this sounds like a small effort.

Tiktok is nice that it simplifies a lot of video editing for you.
True, I've taken my shot at it before when I made some videos for my private business, but I'm still a rookie in it. I guess the more you do it, the better you become at it. The trend of video style also changes frequently, so by the time I'll be good at one style, the next one is hot. 😅

I have never really used social media for advertising, though I'd assume it would bring in a fair amount of traffic. I have not used social media mostly because I'm just really not that into it and I'd rather focus on advertising on forums where most of my traffic would likely come from anyway.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest