Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Adminshut GONE!

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Well I know the buyers paid quite a bit for AdminsHut.com, hundreds of dollars in fact. It was a great forum (cause it was created by a NZer). :) Well it has a suspended hosting page up now... :(

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't know why people do this to forums. If they don't have enough time, may be the sshouldn't buy forums! :/
Its unfair to the people who have been on those forums!

Wasn't this the site that Shady bought into and then shut down because the original owner did nothing to help keep it afloat?

Haze - Shady invested a bit of money into SEO on the site to get it ranking for keywords. He then got it accepted into BuySellAds. After that he sold the site for more than he paid + invested (if he got his asking price)....

I was quite active there.. after ownership started to change etc I just stopped posting.. I expected for AH to become pretty big, sad that the owners couldn't sort it out.

Never heard of it, shame it died though. Closing a forum is never a happy thing, unless of course you hated the forum. >: P

Its been my experience when a forum is changing ownership, it often comes to a crash. I've mentioned before that I was a support of forumer, but then Limez sold the site to crowdgather and they wanted to implement their own version of phpBB, and in the transition of all this the site began to rot. Customers opted to start new with a different host. Some stayed but yean it wasnt the greatest thing around :( forumer used to be one of the bigger free forum hosts.

Now that I've learnt heaps more to do with website owning, I've thought about bringing it back, not sure if anyone would even want it back though.

Now that I've learnt heaps more to do with website owning, I've thought about bringing it back, not sure if anyone would even want it back though.

Well, what would you do about domain and everything? I assume you still have the database? :D

No, that was all sold on so I didn't keep it.

I could always buy adminhut.com which is a much better domain :D

Yeah you could :) But do you really want to try again, your third attempt? The market is now VERY crowded with Admin forums.... Plus you a growing GeeksHut ATM. :)

I just found this thread and want to shed some light on what happened if that is ok :)

The original agreement between me and Luke (ZINC) was that I bought the forum, paid for everything it ever needed and keep working on SEO while ZINC ran the forum I was pretty much a silent partner. This was great for me because I did not have the time to run another forum on top of my dozens of other websites.

After I had purchased AdminsHut from Luke I began working on SEO for the forum straight away and about a week later I got us accepted into BuySellAds. I tripled the users online in 24 hours of owning it.

ZINC did not keep to his agreement unfortunately, he became very inactive and did nothing leaving me to run the forum myself which I did not have the time for. I carried on the best that I could but the forum was going down the sinkhole after such a bright start. At that point I decided to sell the forum rather than letting it descend even more.

I found a buyer who was genuinely interested in owning an admin forum, he had some great plans for it and he was a really nice guy.

Unfortunately he was in the army and he managed his websites in his spare time, I have tried to contact him so many times since AdminsHut went offline but I have not received any replies from him. I think we have to assume the worst, that he was killed in action.

It is a very sad and unfortunate situation.

I still have the old Adminshut database and I am still thinking whether or not to use it to merge with AdminForums.

I just found this thread and want to shed some light on what happened if that is ok :smile:

The original agreement between me and Luke (ZINC) was that I bought the forum, paid for everything it ever needed and keep working on SEO while ZINC ran the forum I was pretty much a silent partner. This was great for me because I did not have the time to run another forum on top of my dozens of other websites.

After I had purchased AdminsHut from Luke I began working on SEO for the forum straight away and about a week later I got us accepted into BuySellAds. I tripled the users online in 24 hours of owning it.

ZINC did not keep to his agreement unfortunately, he became very inactive and did nothing leaving me to run the forum myself which I did not have the time for. I carried on the best that I could but the forum was going down the sinkhole after such a bright start. At that point I decided to sell the forum rather than letting it descend even more.

I found a buyer who was genuinely interested in owning an admin forum, he had some great plans for it and he was a really nice guy.

Unfortunately he was in the army and he managed his websites in his spare time, I have tried to contact him so many times since AdminsHut went offline but I have not received any replies from him. I think we have to assume the worst, that he was killed in action.

It is a very sad and unfortunate situation.

I still have the old Adminshut database and I am still thinking whether or not to use it to merge with AdminForums.
Thats really sad! :(

I think we have to assume the worst, that he was killed in action.

That's soo wrong. What if that person is alive? Its weird seeing this part of your post.
Also, once you sell a product, a forum in this case, its the worst possible decision to use its database. Even if that person was killed, you don't own the database right now.

Correct me if I am wrong.

That's soo wrong. What if that person is alive? Its weird seeing this part of your post.

I'm sorry for making assumptions, but the forum is down, he has not been online for a very long time and he was/is in the army. This is the only logical explanation there is right now, please tell me if you have a better explanation as to what happened? I'm all ears.

I'm sorry for making assumptions, but the forum is down, he has not been online for a very long time and he was/is in the army. This is the only logical explanation there is right now, please tell me if you have a better explanation as to what happened? I'm all ears.
May be he has gone to some other place for an on-going battle where internet access is very restricted or something like that! But regarding the merging of adminhut to adminforums, I don't know which is right/which is wrong!

If you merge it, it could be awesome for the faithful members of adminhut. But if he is still alive and comes back after some time, I don't know what he will think of you! :(

May be he has gone to some other place for an on-going battle where internet access is very restricted or something like that! But regarding the merging of adminhut to adminforums, I don't know which is right/which is wrong!

If you merge it, it could be awesome for the faithful members of adminhut. But if he is still alive and comes back after some time, I don't know what he will think of you! :unhappy:

Yeah, I am still very undecided on what to do. I might give it a few more months and think about it again. I hope he is still alive and kicking and does come back to revive the forum, but only time will tell.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds