Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Adminshut GONE!

No, I don't know what's happening to him or in what position he is atm. I don't even know who he is. I just stated a general fact.
Also, about merging your database with his, I personally think it is very wrong. You have sold it to another person, you can't use it even if he's dead, Its morally very wrong. I'm not saying I will protest or something, Its none of my cncern since I was not a part of the community, I'm just stating how things work. A deal is a deal and now that database legally belongs to him.
What if he takes legal actions against you, in case he come back only to find that 'his' database is being used on your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
I will state this again, it was a thought. It does not mean we are absolutely going to do it, like anything we do over at AdminForums we weigh out the pro's and con's and think deeply about things before we do them.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you that using a database after the site has been sold is wrong and I have said the same thing many times to many people on many different forums.

This is not a normal situation, the site has been abandoned, the domain has expired, the owner has vanished leaving only one explanation that I pieced together from facts I know about the owner.

I do agree with your point and we will think about this before we do anything.

Sure thing, I can understand when I look at it from your point of view :)

I also see that your forum is doing pretty good right now, all the best with it :)

I thought that killed in action thing was a joke.. just me?

Hopefully AH comes back in one form or another.

lol, why would you think like that??
Now this is the only post in this thread that made me laugh actually.
Gytix Seriously? o_O

What?! I swear it can't just be me, sounds sorta bad but that's what I read it like, I'm not saying it was funny; I just thought it was meant as a joke :/

What?! I swear it can't just be me, sounds sorta bad but that's what I read it like, I'm not saying it was funny; I just thought it was meant as a joke :/

Just you... ;) :)

I will state this again, it was a thought. It does not mean we are absolutely going to do it, like anything we do over at AdminForums we weigh out the pro's and con's and think deeply about things before we do them.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you that using a database after the site has been sold is wrong and I have said the same thing many times to many people on many different forums.

This is not a normal situation, the site has been abandoned, the domain has expired, the owner has vanished leaving only one explanation that I pieced together from facts I know about the owner.

I would agree with merging the databases- provided that if he returns you give him some of his money back and a staff position or something. Those posts shouldn't go to waste...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds