Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Admin Posts

I am starting to try and drop back slightly from the more active boards on my forum - if a subject interests me I will get into a good discussion but where there are enough people discussing things I dont care about so much I will leave them to it. On the less populated boards I am still trying to keep up both quality new thread posts and also shorter encouraging ones to other people who are starting stuff. I think it is a process rather than an on off sort of thing.

Eventually I look to reach the point where 90% of my posting will be on stuff I am really interested and involved in and on the stuff I am less interested in I can just keep an eye on.

Advertisement Placeholder
I am starting to try and drop back slightly from the more active boards on my forum - if a subject interests me I will get into a good discussion but where there are enough people discussing things I dont care about so much I will leave them to it. On the less populated boards I am still trying to keep up both quality new thread posts and also shorter encouraging ones to other people who are starting stuff. I think it is a process rather than an on off sort of thing.

Eventually I look to reach the point where 90% of my posting will be on stuff I am really interested and involved in and on the stuff I am less interested in I can just keep an eye on.

That's a good strategy flame. What you want to make sure of is that some topics, but not too many at the moment, don't have any of your input. That gives some of your senior members a chance to police the forums a bit and keep a debate going... :)

I personally couldn't care less as to my post count on my forum. I know it's something like 4k, but I hardly notice as I just participate in as many discussions as possible. I encourage members to post as much as I can, and if a member were to get a post count higher than me they would for sure get a prize and my recognition, however otherwise I honestly don't care. It's just a number, and I like discussion more than obsessing over a number ;)

That's a good strategy flame. What you want to make sure of is that some topics, but not too many at the moment, don't have any of your input. That gives some of your senior members a chance to police the forums a bit and keep a debate going... :)

Its good to be away from the forum and come back and find new stuff other people have put. I am now finding if I note a possible subject but dont jump on it in a lot of cases someone else starts it which is brilliant. I am still doing a lot of supervising and will be for a time yet but its now less visible as I am watching others get going and only starting stuff I really want to debate or where there is a quiet area for a time.

I personally couldn't care less as to my post count on my forum. I know it's something like 4k, but I hardly notice as I just participate in as many discussions as possible. I encourage members to post as much as I can, and if a member were to get a post count higher than me they would for sure get a prize and my recognition, however otherwise I honestly don't care. It's just a number, and I like discussion more than obsessing over a number :wink:
I like it. ;)

When I'm an admin I usually have the most posts, but there is always the day when someone gets the motivation to pass you and when that happens I'm happy for them. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds