Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Admin Posts

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you think about Admins that have lower post count than their members? Personally, I think it is a thing which always happens simply due to the fact that most members seem to like the competition aspect of overtaking an Admin in post count but then again i think it shows that the admin doesn't care as much. I know of a forum where a member has over 20K posts but the main Admin only has 3,000 which to me is just strange but then again, it depends what they actually do as an admin right?

What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well eventually if your forum is large enough, it's VERY likely to happen. I've got the highest post count here, but in saying that I did have a huge lead over xpl0iter when I was an admin...... Sometimes the admin feels as though participating in too many topics doesn't allow other people's opinions to come out. On some forums the owner will post way too much and basically railroad your opinion aside in doing so. :D

I would believe it cool if an administrator posted steadily amongst the members of their community, I wouldn't view it as railroading or perhaps maybe some might view that as an intimidating force in a thread. To me, it shows that they are human amongst us, and just because they have the title, it don't make them a bad person

I think that admins can post too little AND too much, getting a good balance is pretty crucial! But if they're posting too little it separates them from the community and intimidates people when they actually do bother to post.

Well, my idea is to run a community, not talk to myself, so having members 'overtake' me when it comes to post counts can only make me VERY happy. In most my communities I am still the biggest poster, maybe because I tend to be very active.

:) I think eventually someone should overtake the admin- but not at the start when the forum has a low number of posts....

well in one community i ran i had 2 accounts - i had one called admin and if i posted as that it was a case of god has spoken no argument, and one under a regular ID for just posting as normal which could be disagreed with called names take the mick etc etc. obviously my "admin" account had very few posts - where my normal one had loads. however it was still not the highest count. which brings another point about quality - an admin with the top count but whose posts consider of them going around the boards putting nothing more than i agree or good point is not necessarily a good admin. the members that had higher counts than me tended to make lots of short "how are you" posts and "you are right" posts - huge numbers less than good quality in other words

Well depends of the admin. When I see that I don't need to post in every topic to keep the site active I will stop and post in the important once :)

well in one community i ran i had 2 accounts - i had one called admin and if i posted as that it was a case of god has spoken no argument, and one under a regular ID for just posting as normal which could be disagreed with called names take the mick etc etc. obviously my "admin" account had very few posts - where my normal one had loads. however it was still not the highest count. which brings another point about quality - an admin with the top count but whose posts consider of them going around the boards putting nothing more than i agree or good point is not necessarily a good admin. the members that had higher counts than me tended to make lots of short "how are you" posts and "you are right" posts - huge numbers less than good quality in other words

Any Admin posting "I agree" or short little posts like that often, doesn't usually have the respect of the forum members... But generally for a smaller forum it's a good idea for the admin to post replies as often as possible AND ASK QUESTIONS! That keeps the conversation going...

For big forums though, you do tend to see admins posting less but more high quality posts to keep things going. I see what you mean and obviously an admin of a smaller forum should keep things moving on his/her forum. Either way, any body who posts stuff like 'I agree' or 'Cool' doesn't deserve to be on a forum, let alone get respect, lol.

For big forums though, you do tend to see admins posting less but more high quality posts to keep things going. I see what you mean and obviously an admin of a smaller forum should keep things moving on his/her forum. Either way, any body who posts stuff like 'I agree' or 'Cool' doesn't deserve to be on a forum, let alone get respect, lol.

See then if I was coming in as an admin, i'd ask something like- which I am asking now- have you ever seen admins with mainly short posts? And what happened to their forums?

I have seen many forums with the admins posting short, low quality posts and they don't last long in the forum world!

What do you think about Admins that have lower post count than their members? Personally, I think it is a thing which always happens simply due to the fact that most members seem to like the competition aspect of overtaking an Admin in post count but then again i think it shows that the admin doesn't care as much. I know of a forum where a member has over 20K posts but the main Admin only has 3,000 which to me is just strange but then again, it depends what they actually do as an admin right?

What do you think?

I don't think it quite white and black. The Admin's post count shouldn't be used to judge them but then again I believe in quality over quantity

I don't use my Admin count to post as a regular member for reasons I am not going to divulge this minute but am a very active member of community both as a member and an Admn

In my opinion, admin post count really matters. As Hotmess said, I too believe in quality over quantity. As an admin I will never make lots of posts just for the sake of increasing the post count.

Some relatively successful forums have admins that post around 40% of posts and 90% of topics but then how and when do you reduce your posting to take a more backseat approach? I.e. the admin can't be in every topic forever and eventually members want to discuss stuff by themselves, so at what point do you reduce posting?

I tend to post when I have something valuable to contribute to the discussions. So I never reduce or increase my posts actually, I post if I have something to write. But hey, I am not perfect and this may not be the best thing to do!

I tend to post when I have something valuable to contribute to the discussions. So I never reduce or increase my posts actually, I post if I have something to write. But hey, I am not perfect and this may not be the best thing to do!

It depends. Sometimes that's a fantastic thing because your not making topics that are too narrow for our small forum but it's good to have lots of new stuff to discuss :)

Well, what I am trying to do with my posts is to make them more constructive and populated with words (To make me feel awesome :p) but still keep my sense of fun within the posts. I like to think that when I post, whilst I get my point across I can do it in a non-serious way that doesn't aggravate people but of course, you cannot always do this. I am also, a believer in quality over quantity although, I do not mind quantity sometimes but it has to have a degree of quality about about it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds