Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Adding Your Manager As A Friend... Digitally.

Do you think it is acceptable to add your manager as a friend on Facebook or communicate with them outside of work hours between personal devices? I believe managers are not your friends. They are your leaders - things should be kept professional whether you are an employee or employer. IF you decide to friend your manager on Facebook or another social media platform, you need to be aware that your boss can see everything that you post online, which could potentially land you in trouble.

What do you think? Is it right to contact your manager through private communicating methods?
I don't think there is anything to be afriad of,by being friend with your manager on social media,provided you are not posting anything ontoward,managers ae suppose to be our guidian in the real sence and help us in areas that we need assistance.

Advertisement Placeholder
There's nothing bad in having your manager or the owner of your institution or organisation as a friend on the social media , it creates a good relationship an closeness that will improve the company positively .

Well I don't see anything wrong with that after all you are trusted business partners. Social media will really help you to connect and also know exactly what is going on in the life of people you really care about.

Do you think it is acceptable to add your manager as a friend on Facebook or communicate with them outside of work hours between personal devices? I believe managers are not your friends. They are your leaders - things should be kept professional whether you are an employee or employer. IF you decide to friend your manager on Facebook or another social media platform, you need to be aware that your boss can see everything that you post online, which could potentially land you in trouble.

What do you think? Is it right to contact your manager through private communicating methods?
I for one think it depends on the relationship you have with your boss. If your boss is outgoing and relatable then it could be a good idea to follow him or hero on social media. However, if your boss is the more authoritative type, then it might be best to keep your distance with respect to social media

There is nothing wrong with that , but if you think that adding up a manager or your employer's on your social media page will limit you from expressing yourself then you shouldn't do it. But in general I don't see anything wrong with it.

Having your manager or the owner of the business which you are working working as a friend on the social media network most of the time strengthen the relationship between both parties .
Having your manager or the owner of the business which you are working working as a friend on the social media network most of the time strengthen the relationship between both parties .

Well I honestly don't see anything wrong in doing that and I believe it helps to promote the relationship you guys have as workers and it makes it easier to communicate with each other
That is very true,because there are some ice that needs to be broken and the space like the social media will help to do that,it is actually a different space altogether away from the work environment.

Where I worked in school, I had a very close relationship with my boss, that we hang out even after working hours, I knew everything about him, but I never lost respect for him.

I don't see anything wrong with that, if he or she is ready I think yo can consider giving them a chance despite the fact that they are your friends, it depends on the level of there experience.

In my opinion, even if such a relationship with your manager were necessary, he or she should take the initiative rather than the junior employees. You should also exercise extreme caution in what you say to your manager while you are not at work.

There should be a good relationship between relationship between the owner of the business and their employee , so its good to have your boss as a friend on the social media network,

There should be a good relationship between relationship between the owner of the business and their employee , so its good to have your boss as a friend on the social media network,
There's nothing wrong with that. This would be suitable on WhatsApp. Not really on Facebook. This is my own point of view cuz I don't really fancy Facebook to that standard.

Taking such a big risk is never encouraging.A manager should be someone you know very well physically.Things to manage concerning your business should be discussed in a office verbally mean while records can be mailed. Phone calls is ok where necessary and it should be someone you know intensively

I don't really know about other people, but for me, I might not even feel comfortable adding them to my Facebook profile since I won't feel comfortable letting them see everything I write and do online.
Although they are not a friend, my manager is my designated business leader.
I don't see why I should include him on my Facebook page.

I don't really know about other people, but for me, I might not even feel comfortable adding them to my Facebook profile since I won't feel comfortable letting them see everything I write and do online.
Although they are not a friend, my manager is my designated business leader.
I don't see why I should include him on my Facebook page.
I could also see it the way you do. Adding them on Facebook may not really be necessary since you are not ready to chat with them as your friends . I will only choose to keep the business relationship alone.

I don't really know about other people, but for me, I might not even feel comfortable adding them to my Facebook profile since I won't feel comfortable letting them see everything I write and do online. Although they are not a friend, my manager is my designated business leader. I see no reason to include him on my Facebook profile.

I don't see anything off-base with including your director through private communicating methods. I have my boss on facebook and whatsapp, but shockingly have not had any premise of communication. I can not erase her either, there can be a time when the require for communication on these stages may arise.

Though theres nothing bad if you add your boss at work on your social media account as a friend , but if you are not close , it will not be aeasy chatting with your boss online .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds