Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Adding Your Manager As A Friend... Digitally.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong chatting or adding your manager on social media platform, but I also prefer doing it privately as one is free to discuss anything business or otherwise here, unlike using general area where everyone can monitor your chats.

Advertisement Placeholder
adding a manager as your friend won't be a great idea but you can decide to do so but only if the friend is trustworthy but if trust is absent that won't be a good idea

To add a donation links to your site. This is an encouragement to others that have website. This will serve as bank online for any body that what to donate to the needy.
[automerge]1638737055[/automerge]
To add a donation links to your site. This is an encouragement to others that have website. This will serve as bank online for any body that what to donate to the needy
[automerge]1638737057[/automerge]
To add a donation links to your site. This is an encouragement to others that have website. This will serve as bank online for any body that what to donate to the needy

Well I honestly don't see anything wrong in doing that and I believe it helps to promote the relationship you guys have as workers and it makes it easier to communicate with each other

Well,I think it depends on the decision of the person,but to me friending my manager either on social media is not a bad thing,you can communicate with him about anything and anytime.

There is nothing bad abiut adding your manager as a friend on your social media space,because if what you are possting is not something you would be proud of why would you post it in the first place.

There should be difference between personal life and social life but I don't see anything bad in having my manager as my friend. I only need to be watchful of how I relate with him or her on social media. There are many of my bosses on my facebook list. At times, I add them for business ideas and some other experience talks.

The disadvantages of this is dangerous compare to its advantages. I will not advice anyone to do it. You are asking for trouble. You may post something you regret or say something that offends your boss. Someone may post something about you that you do not want your boss to see.

There is no good reason to be Facebook friends with your boss.

In most cases this may not really be necessary because you will not even have anything to discuss with your manager. I can add up my colleague as friends on social media and I don't see anything wrong with that, I cannot add up my managers on my Facebook page...

I don't see any problem in being friends with your manager. The only thing is that you have to stay professional even with whatever you post on those social media accounts. Then you have to know how to balance between being friends and professional. If you can't, then you should just avoid being friends with them.
I don't see any problem in being friends with your manager. The only thing is that you have to stay professional even with whatever you post on those social media accounts. Then you have to know how to balance between being friends and professional. If you can't, then you should just avoid being friends with them.

I don't see anything bad in adding people in your place to your friend list on Facebook and other social media. This way even other you able to get in touch when you are on far distance apart.

Yes of course, they aren't God. They are humans like us. They also have their problems they discuss with their people secretly. Although workers relationship with their manager has to be at a moderate but that doesn't says that they shouldn't relate via social media.

Adding your boss on social media platforms is terrible, I once added my boss on Instagram and it was a terrible experience. I ended up blocking him out and reopening another Instagram handle.

Any time things went bad in the office the boss will say we are not serious that we keep posting and posting on social media. even though he does not call my name I know he his referring to me.

Having your boss as your friend on social media makes you not to be free to express yourself because you feel eyes are watching both at the office and online. so it kills the fun of freedom of expression we get from social media.

The use of the social media isn't for leisure alone, it's also for business discussions. Each of the social media as peculiar uses.
You could choose LinkedIn for business and it will be strictly for business purposes.

The first step in maintaining discipline in the workplace is to define what you mean by it. Talk to other managers and supervisors and ask them what employee discipline problems they’ve experienced in the past – or continue to experience – and how they handle them

I don't see the reason why you should not connect with those who are in the same workplace as you on social media platforms unless you have something but you are trying to hide. social Media platform makes it easier to connect with your co-workers and manager so it is good to make use of it.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with having your manager as a friend on socials outside work and even having a personal relationship, work and personal should always be separated and we are not kids too

Well I do not see anything wrong with that , you need to have them digitally at least that will be easier for communication and sharing of events and everything that happened in a business organisation.

I don't think it is a bad idea for one to have his manager as his friend on his social media handle,provided the associal is cordial,there is nothing to it as long as one is not indiscipline in his approach to issues.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong chatting or adding your manager on social media platform, but I also prefer doing it privately as one is free to discuss anything business or otherwise here, unlike using general area where everyone can monitor your chats.
I am into teaching and we have a platform where our proprietor was added to our group chat where we normally converse and if we needed anything , we can private chat him , so theres nothing bad in chatting with your boss

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds