Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Add on to mark forums as read...

Aussie

Renowned member
Credits
Id love an add on that automatically marks forums as read for a user, it would work this way:

User visits forum and reads what they want
User leaves forum, once they have left/offline for X amount of time, the forum is marked read for them (from that point)
User can turn this on and off in preferences and choose the amount of time after exit.

Anyone ever heard of something like this?

Obviously fraught with danger but would be a great way to keep it a little more tidy for some users :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and great for lazy people like me haha.

You do realize every forum has a mark read function right? But I get it. We’re lazy and want automation. I’m like that too, haha.

But such addon would definitely be possible.

@The Architect @SoluDome

Unfortunately I currently have zero time to put into anything code wise. I'm currently engaged in a super secret mission.

XF sort of does this to a point. Anything older than 30 days (default) is automatically marked as read.

The reason it doesn’t just brute force mark things as read more frequently (even as a user preference) is because people complain of FOMO. It’s not like this strategy (and variants thereof) haven’t been tried in the last 20 years ;)

Yeah of course, and you would certainly miss out on something that gets posted in between that time period. This mod would purely be for the lazy person like myself who cant spend literally 2 seconds scrolling up and clicking mark all read lol

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest