Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

7 Million in your currency: Would you run a university programme or Start A Business?

If I was given 7 million naira, I would set up by dream business. Educational system in my country is very poor, there's no guarantee that after getting the degree that a permanent job would be waiting for me. Whereas my business should have been booming at this time, so I would rather opt for the business.

Advertisement Placeholder
In that case I will open the business that I knew the in and out about in a large scale then after sometime I will now enroll on a part time basis degree program which my business will be sponsoring so that after graduation I will have a business to fall back upon. Going to school is good but real life will affect you after school education so be wise and plan for your future.

Seven million in my country. This is a huge sum of money. It would both run a university programs and build an hotel. This amount would even remain if you want to manage the money. Although the University must be a federal university

#7million is enough for me to undertake a business alongside my University education. I'll set aside #2million naira for my education and fix #5million in fixed deposit until I'm done with my education. After then, I'll withdraw the fixed deposit and start my business.

As a Nigerian, if I have some million in my account I will run a business I will not go into any university program,because I really upset that the only thing that is moving well in this country Nigeria is business he's only lives for you to run it well with a good management.

7million is quite a huge sum and will go a long way in securing means of survival for a family if invested correctly. So I don't think I'll opt for a University degree, because most of these schools don't go deep into the practical aspect of a course and also I ask myself, what are the chances of securing a job after the university degree.

To me, he did a very big mistake for accepting to run a university program with the 7 million, he would have increase his business with it since he is already in business, when his business stable, he can still go to the university, one can always go to the university at any age from 18 upward.

although this is just a dream but if such opportunity arises I use that money to start a business with no time because I'm always in love with business and i will employ both myself and people who are exper in managing so that we can manage the business together and bring out the full potential of that business.

I will rather trade on the filed am well conversant with and that my friend is business. So yes, am opting for business with such amount and I tell you by the end of the year calendar I must have made between 25 - 50% return of that money; if not more. You don't gamble with such opportunity, you should go straight to what you are good at.

If there is an opportunity that I have up to 7 million dollars in my account I will obviously run a university program and I can study in whatever school I would like to study in the world and make the best out of my university and when I come back I will set up a very big company depending on what I learnt in school.

The truth is with all that money in your hand you will never feel like a normal student. It might end up being a waste of time in school so I can go to school much later. I am either going to get a business then go to school or I work to study abroad.

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
As for me,i would choose to run a business and after the business have picked i could enroll in university whereby the business could cater for my schooling fees.
In this case,i don't even see the reason for employing someone to take up the business on my behalf,for i could simply enroll for part time classes.

With that money I would choose starting a business. As my business grow and gain profit then I can use that money to do a university programme. That way I can do both with that money.

If it's one who doesn't have connections that could secure him or her a job right after the programme then it's best the person puts the money into business because definitely the business if we'll managed will give the person money to run his programme, business is bae.

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
I am looking for how I can get all my fees back, then use it to invest in a profitable business. Let alone pay a huge some of 7million for education. It all depends on your country of residence anyway. But in Nigeria, you can spend that amount for education, and still be looking job.

I will start a business without even blinking an eye. Your friend is a very lucky one. The rate at which graduates cry for jobs is alarming. I would start the business and go to school with the proceeds from the business.

To be candid 7 million is a lot of money to be spent on earning a degree, if I were to be in a similar situation i would opt for the business options because it's better to create further wealth and later proceed to schooling with a good financial background, at the completion of my degree than I would not need to search for a job rather I would empower more hands by creating jobs and that will better the lot of the economy.

I don't place the same value on education and business. So if I have that amount of curency, I will still pursue my academics for more knowledge and understanding even on the business I may end up setting up. Business without education may not go far.

This is so true. Business and education should not be put in the same basket. You need to be able to read and write in order to understand the business that you plan to do better. So, pursuing your education will be a great idea.

I will never make the mistake of going to school if I'm in such situation because in my country graduate finds it hard to get a decent job after spending years in school
So I will start a decent business that can be fetching me some cool money and I'm sure I will live a better life.

For people that are done with their first degree, they might opt for business. Like myself, that's what I will go for. But for persons that are still wanting to go further in academics beyond the first degree, might still opt for schooling.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds