Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

7 Million in your currency: Would you run a university programme or Start A Business?

@Eamodu well said, the money is huge but if not properly spent one might not be able to account for it. We shouldn't forget the fact that over 65% of stratup fail and at that within their first six month. A wise man will make sure whatever business he is investing in will have high returns in the long run. Also, if the returns aren't coming as planned at least break-even for the first year.
For one to choose business in the first place,I believe the said person most have done his/her home work on which business to go into. One is expected not to go all out when going into business,hence the 7million should not be put into a business all at once . One should be able to go into business gradually,and grow it gradually.
[automerge]1610626976[/automerge]
@Eamodu well said, the money is huge but if not properly spent one might not be able to account for it. We shouldn't forget the fact that over 65% of stratup fail and at that within their first six month. A wise man will make sure whatever business he is investing in will have high returns in the long run. Also, if the returns aren't coming as planned at least break-even for the first year.
For one to choose business in the first place,I believe the said person most have done his/her home work on which business to go into. One is expected not to go all out when going into business,hence the 7million should not be put into a business all at once . One should be able to go into business gradually,and grow it gradually.

Advertisement Placeholder
I will definitely do the both, so that if I don't get paid from this, then I definitely get paid from the other one, my father always told me not to put all my hope on one thing, reason be that anything can happen, somebody who is rich today may become poor tomorrow, and.

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
Always this tricky question coming up in my face. I think the wise decision would be to start up a business and find a college near by maybe a university or technical school or something and shuffle between both. Of course you could wait for the business to be stable enough before adding school to the mix.

I will definitely do the both, so that if I don't get paid from this, then I definitely get paid from the other one, my father always told me not to put all my hope on one thing, reason be that anything can happen, somebody who is rich today may become poor tomorrow, and.

Sure now, seven million Naira can definitely run a university program efficiently. It is even enough to run a business. It can even do the same simultaneously but depending on the size of business you want to email on though

I will definitely do both. With about two million naira, I will definitely finish a university decree in a Federal school, then the rest will be used for business, education is very important, regardless of the fast that their is unemployment

Hnnmn 7million in my currency will enable me do both. I will start a business and also pursue my university degree. It will not be easy but I will get used to balancing school and business as I already have an target audience which would be students in the school

I think I will do both. I will definitely find a way to split the money and keep some of the money for business. After my higher education, I can pursue a business career and still hold a good degree. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.
Time will not actually let you do both, some students even struggle to afford time for part time small jobs, so you know that it would be kind of impossible to do a business in that very tight period of time

To the best of my Knowledge, i believe it depends on each individual, where you see yourself in years to come, I think this are few things you need to consider first before you make a decision on what is best to use such amount of money for, but personally I think it is better to invest with the money and acquire some IT skills which are top in demand skills like programming, data management, networking and some other IT skills, with this you can be sure of living a fulfilled life. Digital technology now rules the world

If I have 7 million naira in my account as a Nigerian, I wouldn't run a university programme. I will rather start a lucrative business like buying strawberries in bulk from the North and reselling them here in the South West, it is lucrative when done well. Higher education is becoming less relevant in the country these days because of unemployment.
You are right, in a country like Nigeria, high rate of unemployment amongst the graduates is increasing daily, it is fine to get an educational degree and qualifications, but venturing into a high lucrative business is the best. Make money and have a steady income then you can start schooling

7 million for a college degree is expensive especially when it's from an average earning family, what would I have done if confronted with this kind of delima, I would have used part of the money to start a business that I could nuture and also a business that is flexible as to enable me go back to school

seriously you have to be wise in making decisions like this,if i am offered such amount of money presently,i will rather start a business and make sure it is a very lucrative one which will help multiply the money in folds.then after realizing some months or year profit,then i can begin to send my self to school

Personally considering the country I come from having 7 million naira now , I should be able to run both comfortably but given business more or first priority because the profit realised from the business can be used to run the programming course comfortably.

@ahmedo24 that is very good decision. But professional courses In the University might require more time and attention than non professional courses. You should consider that too expect the business can operate without your presence.

@ahmedo24 that is very good decision. But professional courses In the University might require more time and attention than non professional courses. You should consider that too expect the business can operate without your presence.
You have a point though everything is all about planing and the nature of business also depends on the time that will be available likewise the ease of monitoring your business by proxy.

Entrepreneurs don't need to have a degree. Ihave friends that didn't go to university that are running very successful businesses. ... Hard business skills can be taught, but it's harder to teach soft skills. A good way to learn about running a business is to work for astart-up - you see, first hand, the highs and lows.

@giddy nice point of view. But come to think 🤔 of it, most aspiring entrepreneurs tend to be impatient to fully master the necessary skills to run a business. Most times they pay little attention to the translation of their ideas to business plan especially THE FEASIBILITY STUDY. Hence, such businesses are doom to fail.
[automerge]1611047808[/automerge]
@giddy nice point of view. But come to think 🤔 of it, most aspiring entrepreneurs tend to be impatient to fully master the necessary skills to run a business. Most times they pay little attention to the translation of their ideas to business plan especially THE FEASIBILITY STUDY. Hence, such businesses are doom to fail.

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
Even for an amount less than 7 million in my country currency, I will choose business over and over again. of what importance is education without money to cater for oneself? by the way I studied management and accounting and business has always been on my mind even before I graduated from university.
[automerge]1612044979[/automerge]
Even for an amount less than 7 million in my country currency, I will choose business over and over again. of what importance is education without money to cater for oneself? by the way I studied management and accounting and business has always been on my mind even before I graduated from university.

[automerge]1612044979[/automerge]

@Akinwale701 and with the formal educational you've acquired doing business wouldn't be an issue here. Raising capital that is that huge will be the only setback, but since you have the urge you can start small.

lol, this is a very funny question, why would I run a university program again? , For what purpose? I'll just take that money and invest in into a business, Which will probably be real estate or agriculture. University is not the only place you can learn.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds