Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

7 Million in your currency: Would you run a university programme or Start A Business?

There is no need for you to consider that you might be behind your classmates, you can actually be behind your classmate but you are Richer then them and you have gone further in life than them so if you have any good business that you can concentrate on please do even if you are three years behind them at least you have something tangible to show for. Mark Zuckerberg went back to school after he was already a millionaire
Thanks a lot for the great advice. Our mission on this forum is to help one another make good decisions in life through advices like the ones you just gave me. I hope l wasn't the only one you were giving to but the community in large and one day, l hope someone including me will remember you through this advise. Thanks again bro for your time and help.

Advertisement Placeholder
it all depends on him and his skills, if he thinks he can do a decent business for the money he got, then he should go for it without thinking, as he can't guarantee he will be making with his degree, but if he thinks he can do better with a degree, then a degree would be better

Thanks a lot for the great advice. Our mission on this forum is to help one another make good decisions in life through advices like the ones you just gave me. I hope l wasn't the only one you were giving to but the community in large and one day, l hope someone including me will remember you through this advise. Thanks again bro for your time and help.
yes bro I really appreciate you, you have really make me to be so much engage in this platform , I will always try as much as possible to give people the best advice as I can because we were born into this world to be of help to one another I hope you also do your own in the little world you find yourself.

You may have a different economic condition in your country for a diploma holder to be unemployed. The diploma is one requirement for applicants in big companies but some medium size companies allow undergraduates to work with them especially if the applicant has a good experience. I do not blame your friend for pursuing an education but it makes me wonder why cannot find a good job.

That's good amount of money, i will choose well-known business establish first, already an student. I will develop my gaming network the wat I want, then throw other ones to my education in order to complete it and focus mainly in my business to drive more profit end and have branches in the future.

7 million in my national currency, it is nothing. I have already written in various publications that in my country we are experiencing a very critical economic situation. To give members an idea, today 7 million bolivars are equivalent to $ 4.50. with that, very little is bought for food. 15 years ago, I would have started a business with that amount and had money left to make another investment.

I think, your friend's choice is right, education is also important, to hone the brain to increase power, thought and analysis, so a university degree is not just for finding a job, even though your friend is now doing business, I think he will be able to develop his business and who most importantly he can manage expenses or save money.

I think I will do both. I will definitely find a way to split the money and keep some of the money for business. After my higher education, I can pursue a business career and still hold a good degree. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

This is definitely a easy one most especially if you dont like school that much like I do, I would pick the money over education anytime anyday. Although with time,i would devise a process of procuring of admission into University and finding ways of acquiring a new skills.

Honestly speaking if I find myself in such a situation I would start up a lucrative business that will give me my returns in hundreds fold such as agriculture. Although I love schooling but such amount of money is too much to be spent on acquiring degrees in the university.

That's thqe reason I said 7million in your currency. Also, a certified postgraduate studies is a good way to secure a good job with high take home, but if you're from a developing country like mine, you will be dissapointed because over 75% of such jobs out there is for those with connection(s).
Compared to my former country, you still are lucky. It's sad to say, but it's reality. My former country is considered top tier, but the rate you mentioned not only to secure a good job, but even to be hired for an humble job (or useful job, as an acquaintance of mine calls it) as cleaning man or cleaning woman needs political acquaintances and not over 75%: in the city where I was born, that rate is quite up to 100%. Lacking savings and lacking connections (or lack of still alive parents and grandparents maintaining adult sons and daughters with no connections), people can die of hunger in the very sense of the term, as political corruption in some south european areas is worse than latin America :mad:. In any way, my choose is mostly based on my current country and on the concrete opportunity to work online. A postgraduate course high skill providing may let us earn a living in spite of working 100% online (I think about freelance hearing platforms and teaching ones, populated by psychologists too).

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?
If I have 7 million euros then I can open à university and can start a business as well. Because euro currency is expensive . And it's enough to start more than 3 big projects at a time. But running a university or starting a business don't need only money but also experience .
Your friend can start clothing business on small scale from home with available money. And when he will get profit then he can move forward.

I don't place the same value on education and business. So if I have that amount of curency, I will still pursue my academics for more knowledge and understanding even on the business I may end up setting up. Business without education may not go far.

A friend was faced with such, the family raised 7 milion Niara for him to either run a BSC Degree or Start a Business? Due to peer pressure he opt in for a university degree. After graduating he couldn't secure a job of his choice making him revert to the business he was doing before selling clothes. He has no capital to start the clothing business on a large scale, but he knows every bit about the business to make him successful. The family refuse to come to his aid cos they've raised 7 Million for him in the past.
What would be your pick If you have such opportunity (7 million in your currency) as at now?

I will definitely go into learning business. University education is great, but I can always do it when my business is stable and yielding better returns.

Now that he is in this fix, I think he should start small and pick up from there. Everything is possible with the right plan as I know it is never easy to start big.

In the current situation of my country, I will say you should use 90 percent of the money to do a very good business that people will continually be asking of. While the remaining 10 percent can run any university program because being educated is also good.

I will prefer using it for business because opening a university program comes with a lot of commitment and management. If you don't know how the academic system work, you will end up failing in the university system..

But with the knowledge I have in business now, I can run it successfully without no lose.

If I am opportuned to have N7million in my account right now, I will start up my dream business of palm oil distribution, there is no two ways about it, I won't think twice to start it.
Then as my business begins to flourish, I can be going to school on part-time basis till I finish school, this is the best way to utilize that money in my country.

Seven million naira is no child's play for business. Thou, education is important. Education will not take you far like business will do. A wise man will collect 7m, start a business and use the gains from the business to get his education. That way,he will achieve both.

@Eamodu well said, the money is huge but if not properly spent one might not be able to account for it. We shouldn't forget the fact that over 65% of stratup fail and at that within their first six month. A wise man will make sure whatever business he is investing in will have high returns in the long run. Also, if the returns aren't coming as planned at least break-even for the first year.

This amount you said is not enough to start a university in my country. Rather, I would use the money to start up a business. I have a computer college in my city. In this computer college, people will learn lastest software package by the professionals. I also I will make sure people are reached the business angle of the each package. How they can market what they learn at the school. Also, I would teach them how to make money on the internet.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds