Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

2022 Good Or Bad?

MisterBobbyPin

Recognized member
Credits
Was 2022 a good bad year? I think it was more of a bad year as nothing memorable from the year was a good thing.

Advertisement Placeholder
It has been a decent year, for the most part. I did quit my job and have been unemployed since June, I think I’m just going to continue doing DoorDashing and Walmart grocery delivery until something better comes along. It somewhat sucks not having an ‘actual’ job, but I’m sure I’ll manage for now.

My mental health always goes back and forth, so I have my down moments from time to time.

I still get a little lonely sometimes since I only have one IRL friend and he lives out of the city I live in. We did live together in an apartment for one year.

As always, life is never perfect and sometimes you have your good days while other times you have your bad days.

Definitely more of a bad year for me if I am honest. It started out with something so crazy in my washing machine breaking on me when I didn't have the funds to replace it, luckily, I had some kind people help me to get a washing machine, then I had an issue with the new washing machine resulting in me losing access to it for a few weeks whilst I waited for repair. I then lost my Auntie in April, our family cat of 12 years passed away in July and I have also recently lost another family member last week so all in all, it's not been the greatest year. I only hope that 2023 is better.

Well, 2022 wouldn't have had to do much to improve on the complete steaming pile that was 2021 for me, both personally and professionally. Fortunately, it did - aside from a couple of blips owing to Covid, the year worked out pretty good professionally, and I find I'm in a slightly better place personally to think about closing some doors and opening new ones. I have projects kicking around that, maybe, it's time to close the door on and move on from, and that's OK, it's OK to say 'enough now' and move on, as long as you're not filling the hole with emptiness, regrets, longing or something worse, which I'm not.

I have various ideas floating around for 2023, not yet ready to talk about any of them, but I think 2022 marked the definitive end for one project, in a way I never really saw coming.

it's time to close the door on and move on from, and that's OK, it's OK to say 'enough now' and move on, as long as you're not filling the hole with emptiness, regrets, longing or something worse, which I'm not.

That's just amazing advice. Some people are afraid to close some doors for the public opinion. Just be like fuck it - I love that.

I've had my share of 'won't you stay for the good of the project' over the years, and in the end, the price just gets to be not worth paying for some things. After a point you have to be able to say 'enough now' for your own mental health.

At this point I've accumulated enough regrets, I try not to be sad that things end, I try to be happy that they happened at all.

2022 was great.

I used to looks at the bad each year and sum the year up for that.

We're not getting these years back, folks. Do we really want to waste them on misery?

2022 was the year that I explored my first wild cave and now I want to explore more. 2022 was the year I kicked off freelance writing and now I have several clients. 2022 was the year I got a kayak and tried it for the first time and fell in love with it. I rode 100 miles in one day on my bike this year, first time doing it in my 30s and it was great.

Hiking with Shawn grew and had plenty of great experiences with that.

Got back into forums again and have been having a blast with them.

2022 was great. I'll miss it but I look forward to 2023.

2022 wasn't as bad as 2020 the horrible year which COVID dealt with the world.

I had a good year by my count. I was promoted at my workplace, got a new house of my own, bought a piece of land and took very good care of my parents.

but I think 2022 marked the definitive end for one project, in a way I never really saw coming.
Update: I was wrong. Well, I was right that it marked what could have been the end, but 2023 saw a new idea come out of the blue that I *never* expected to find support for.

2023 hasn't been so good for my parents so far, financially speaking. My sister lives in a different state now and needs a lot of financial help to keep her on her feet, and there are so many bills that just keep popping up that they have to pay off, like taking the dogs to the vet soon.

I believe a healthy person can be able to achieve a lot when they put into making it. It is not easy and not something that we can say that it is that easy.

2023 hasn't been so good for my parents so far, financially speaking. My sister lives in a different state now and needs a lot of financial help to keep her on her feet, and there are so many bills that just keep popping up that they have to pay off, like taking the dogs to the vet soon.
It's a sad thing to have a lot of expenses to cover up for when the means to take care of them is slim. Those bills doesn't have emotion at all, they will keep coming like it's their right. I hope your family sort things out soon. You're gonna be alright.

If you're an investor in cryptocurrency, there wouldn't be any joy for you when you look at how cryptocurrency was almost wrecked in 2022. It will take grace for cryptocurrency to recover what it lost in 2022 fast.

If you're an investor in cryptocurrency, there wouldn't be any joy for you when you look at how cryptocurrency was almost wrecked in 2022. It will take grace for cryptocurrency to recover what it lost in 2022 fast.

I don't see BTC doing 50k this year no matter how much they try to hype it. A lot of people lost last year and it is something not many have recovered from since then.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds