Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

You're Fired!

Credits
Have you ever got fired from a job?

I got fired from one job in my life and that was my very first job. I was a server at an Italian restaurant and I got fired for accidentally breaking one wine glass. I think he had other reasons too, like my social awkwardness at the time, but the accidental breaking of the wine glass was apparently my last straw.

Advertisement Placeholder
I got fired from my first job. It was in one of those little liquor store places and I sold alcohol to a minor on two occasions. In my defence, he had a beard and the law at the time was 'do they look over 18, then it's fine'.

Yup

I've been fired from a job before due to being young and dumb. I was an dolt who stole. I was just fired, and had to pay back what I took. I avoided the law getting involved due to cooperating with LP at my job and manager.

I got fired from my first job. It was in one of those little liquor store places and I sold alcohol to a minor on two occasions. In my defence, he had a beard and the law at the time was 'do they look over 18, then it's fine'.
I know here if caught you will get fined and then a class A misdemeanor.

Last edited:
I've been laid off from contract security jobs but never really fired from the company. They'd find me something to do quickly after I get a few weeks of unemployment. :LOL:

I did work for a week doing drywall construction. I'd never done it before and they knew it. I wasn't good at it. They more or less fired me.

I've been laid off from contract security jobs but never really fired from the company. They'd find me something to do quickly after I get a few weeks of unemployment. :LOL:

I did work for a week doing drywall construction. I'd never done it before and they knew it. I wasn't good at it. They more or less fired me.
I had a similar thing. When I was 18 or so I worked for someone building houses, laying bricks, doing isolation, etc. During the few weeks I was employed, I quickly learned that building houses is not my passion. 😅

A few years ago my mom was hospitalized and I had to miss work to take care of some things related to that. My job didn't like that and told me I wasn't allowed to be absent again. Then a few months later, I requested a few days off for finals and my job would only give me one of the days off, so I called out the other two days and got fired for that.

I had a similar thing. When I was 18 or so I worked for someone building houses, laying bricks, doing isolation, etc. During the few weeks I was employed, I quickly learned that building houses is not my passion. 😅
I was a coal miner for three years. Every day that I went was worse. It took me 3 years to realize it wasn't for me LOL

I do know that if you are laid off or so, most likely will hire you back and even approve unemployment. I knew some factory workers who'd constantly get laid off and then rehired back. lol

I seen a place here hire for like painters and such, and was tempted to apply and do it. I decided not to as I doubt I'd be good at painting.

What made it took you so long? 😂
The pay and benefits were really good and I quit high school and never got a GED. The mine said I didn't need one.
But I ended going to college so I needed one. I'm glad I did that. A high school dropout turned double master!

I do know that if you are laid off or so, most likely will hire you back and even approve unemployment. I knew some factory workers who'd constantly get laid off and then rehired back. lol

I seen a place here hire for like painters and such, and was tempted to apply and do it. I decided not to as I doubt I'd be good at painting.
Yeah, we have an ordinance factory out there (they make anti-tank rounds) that does that quite often. Unless there is an active combat situation, they just make a handful of orders for different allied countries wanting to stock up on munitions.

I think they're in full swing over Ukraine, though.

As anything practice makes perfect mate. I was shit at fixing cars when I started my own business. To see where I came from in skills is mindblowing. As I’ve heard from clients, not my own words. :p I always look to deliver near perfect work and always find a way to improve my work from the last jobs.

No, I can't say that I have ever been fired from a job but it was super close at one point for something I didn't do. I was working for a family friend's company as a waitress during the summer holidays before I went to college and there was me and at least two other waitresses who worked there money was being taken from the cash register and they didn't know who it was. I almost lost my job and so did one other girl because we were accused of taking the money. They soon found out who was doing it and luckily it was left at that.

I haven't had the experience of getting fired from any of my previous jobs. I always made sure to do everything that's expected of me and I'm equally lucky along the line.

But I have resigned from one of job because I had to move and it was impossible for me keep the job.

I haven't been fired but I have resigned because I couldn't stand my toxic boss and all the abuse I got from her. She's the last woman I would ever work in my life. If there's no man to work for, I would start something of my own.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds