Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

XF user returns after 15 years. Still mad at someone "taking" his code.

Advertisement Placeholder
He has some valid concerns.
And the XF staff/development is not the same as when he probably left. In some ways it's worse ,on both a development aspect and support aspect, since a certain core founding developer left.

But I also think whomever it is, they are there to stir up some :poop: . They have quickly pulled the XF cult members to the forefront of that thread.

I appreciated @Arantor who actually provided real responses to the questions. I also think links to developer resources would have genuinely helped. But the entire topic was totally derailed (in an understandable manner) by passionate clients.

And that poster is banned (and rightly so) for using a duplicate account, which has been against the rules for ages. He really should have been willing to post under his original account name and take any/all lumps that come with it like some of us are.
The problem I have is, if the moderator that is commenting in that thread is the one that implemented the ban, he then goes on to say he has an "idea" of who that member is. You would assume that they would know who it was before implementing a ban. 🤷‍♂️

And I guess the "cult member" reference in my original post hit a sore spot with at least one particular moderator over there.
Hi Moderator at Xenforo, from one of your "usual suspects". Sorry I don't only sing praises of Xenforo but call out the warts and open festering wounds when I see them. But your script is not the only one that has been subject to that.

And sorry... call them what they are... cult members of XenForo. Every script has 'em.... but the ones with XenForo seem to be a little more vociferous. It is rather amusing to watch though and it's very easy to tell who they are. They used to be called fanbois, but gotta stay in with the current political climate, don'cha know.

I really think in some ways that poster was trying to stir it up, otherwise why not use your original account? If you aren't willing to take the lumps with making your comments, you really don't carry as much weight.
It's one reason I like helping out over on the Xenforo Help Central site. They are a tad more laid back and from what I understand will not put up with the cult behavioral patterns that have been allowed over at XF and for a long time over at TAZ (and that's why a lot of people left that site I'm sure and should be a learning lesson for all).

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds