Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Xenforo too Expensive?

How about $1000 per month? That is the equivalent in many currencies.
Then one saves up to purchase it (if referring to the cost of XF) or one chooses a free script.
I use fishing as an analogy frequently. You can grab a rubber inner tube, some scrap cloth and float fish with a home made pole (free script).... or you can ramp it up to going out and getting a 22 foot specialized bass boat with a fancy fish finder and bait casting rods (paid script). You may have to save for a bit (some longer than others) to get that bass boat...
The hobby can be done by anyone... but there is ALWAYS a cost to the hobby (as with almost ANY hobby). It simply depends on what level of financial support you have available to you. It's not any developers responsibility to give "income based sliding prices" on their product. Pretty sure a Chevy Suburban costs the same (or even mayhap a little less) in the US as compared to overseas (locally a .Z71 package runs around $67,000, and in India it is roughly the equivalent of $68,000 USD, $63000 in Vietnam, $68,000 in Afghanistan). Should every person expect to be able to afford one? Nope... that doesn't even happen here in the U.S. Not everybody can afford it.

Same applies with your hosting... you find what you can afford... and if you can't find anything, then the hobby/pursuit is outside your ability.

Same way with any hobby (or even starting your own business)...not everyone who wants to can afford to participate. Unluckily...that's simply life. Back when I was in high school I would have LOVED to be able to afford the astronomy kit I have now... but the reality was, I didn't make enough to be able to do so. So I had to make do with simple binoculars.

Advertisement Placeholder
Completely missed my point.

VPS is not cheap for all.
No... I didn't miss the point.... as I said
Same applies with your hosting... you find what you can afford... and if you can't find anything, then the hobby/pursuit is outside your ability.
This applies to your site as it grows... if you outgrow what you can afford, then you either need to find an additional funding solution or accept that you can't afford it. Not everyone can.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds