Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you trade jobs off with a co-worker?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Would you ever trade off jobs with a co-worker? I don't mean take over their specialty, but if the two of you do the same type of work, I think trading jobs is probably something that happens often. Does it?

Advertisement Placeholder
Would you ever trade off jobs with a co-worker? I don't mean take over their specialty, but if the two of you do the same type of work, I think trading jobs is probably something that happens often. Does it?

I am not sure what you mean by "trading jobs", as I have heard about this the first time. Are you talking about exchanging jobs? There are many people who may like this idea. However, it all depends on the kind of field. Not all the people may be interested in switching to another field as they may not have experience.

I am not sure what you mean by "trading jobs", as I have heard about this the first time. Are you talking about exchanging jobs? There are many people who may like this idea. However, it all depends on the kind of field. Not all the people may be interested in switching to another field as they may not have experience.
Yup most bussnesses owners don't do thing like that well I believe many people would want to do that since some roles pays way more money

Yup most bussnesses owners don't do thing like that well I believe many people would want to do that since some roles pays way more money

Well, there might be cases when there are people who may working in the same companies but they may have different roles. This is when the company offers may different job offers to people when it comes to selecting people for different departments.

We do this at the office. There are only 3 pay grade levels and we are allowed to swap out odd jobs, tasks, etc. with each other. We even draw straws when it comes to annoying clients.

We do this at the office. There are only 3 pay grade levels and we are allowed to swap out odd jobs, tasks, etc. with each other. We even draw straws when it comes to annoying clients.

In such cases, this could be a great idea to divide the workload in the office. However, this is possible only if there are many people who are working in an office. I think this is why offices should hire more workers so that things could be managed in a better way. If you need 10 employees, you could hire an extra two, if not many.

The only kind of thing that is similar which I have been able to do with one of my coworker is switching our shift when it is convenient for us to do the job. I will have to step in for my colleague when he will not be able to carry out his shift and he will do the same for me in return.

The only kind of thing that is similar which I have been able to do with one of my coworker is switching our shift when it is convenient for us to do the job. I will have to step in for my colleague when he will not be able to carry out his shift and he will do the same for me in return.

I think that many people usually replace others when they quite a job. However, they may recommend an alternative person for the job in many cases. I think that you can say that they might be trading their job if they switch each other's position. What do you think?

I think that many people usually replace others when they quite a job. However, they may recommend an alternative person for the job in many cases. I think that you can say that they might be trading their job if they switch each other's position. What do you think?

Another thing that is very important when it comes to trying to switch your job with your colleague is to make sure that you're doing it with someone who is trustworthy so that the person doesn't end up disappointing you the day he or she is supposed to replace you for work so that you don't have to suffer for it.

Even though it is possible to trade jobs within the same industry, whether I would trade a job or not depends on various things. If I am not in the mood to work on the job but my co-worker has some exciting work, I would certainly trade a job with him. But if the job I am doing is better, wouldn't trade the job with anyone.

If the management doesn't have any problems with it, I wouldn't mind doing it with a coworker whom I can work together with. It's not everyone you can work together with and it's why I've to find out before agreeing to this arrangement.

Even though it is possible to trade jobs within the same industry, whether I would trade a job or not depends on various things. If I am not in the mood to work on the job but my co-worker has some exciting work, I would certainly trade a job with him. But if the job I am doing is better, wouldn't trade the job with anyone.

Exactly! There must definitely be something in it for me to accept trading jobs. There shouldn't be anything that's going to make me compromised in the job switch. Once all these points have been checked successfully, I can switch the jobs whenever it's convenient for me.

Exactly! There must definitely be something in it for me to accept trading jobs. There shouldn't be anything that's going to make me compromised in the job switch. Once all these points have been checked successfully, I can switch the jobs whenever it's convenient for me.

I think that trading jobs may not be allowed in certain kinds of companies. This is quite important because they may never want to have a person who may not have experience and they may allow this under certain circumstances only.

I think that trading jobs may not be allowed in certain kinds of companies. This is quite important because they may never want to have a person who may not have experience and they may allow this under certain circumstances only.

Well, it actually depends on the kind of company and the kind of job that is being carried out in that business environment because for instance, in my own business of poultry and fish farming, any of my workers can decide to trade their jobs with their colleagues as long as they are going to be able to complete whatever they expected to do.

Well, it actually depends on the kind of company and the kind of job that is being carried out in that business environment because for instance, in my own business of poultry and fish farming, any of my workers can decide to trade their jobs with their colleagues as long as they are going to be able to complete whatever they expected to do.
This also depends on the person as well. There are many people who possess transferable skills and such kind of people are able to work under all kinds of circumstances. So, if the other person possess such kind of skills and qualities, then they would be able to trade jobs easily.

This also depends on the person as well. There are many people who possess transferable skills and such kind of people are able to work under all kinds of circumstances. So, if the other person possess such kind of skills and qualities, then they would be able to trade jobs easily.

The most important thing is for those who are interested in trading their job is for them to be able to do whatever they need to do in the opposite direction because you cannot trade your job with someone who cannot be able to do what you are doing. For example, if MR A can do MR B job when MR B can't do MR A jobs, it's not going to work.

The most important thing is for those who are interested in trading their job is for them to be able to do whatever they need to do in the opposite direction because you cannot trade your job with someone who cannot be able to do what you are doing. For example, if MR A can do MR B job when MR B can't do MR A jobs, it's not going to work.

I think that it may be almost impossible to trade jobs if the two jobs are quite different to each other. This is because the field might be different and there might be many subcategories of careers and fields. This is why it is pretty hard to trade jobs in many cases.

I think that it may be almost impossible to trade jobs if the two jobs are quite different to each other. This is because the field might be different and there might be many subcategories of careers and fields. This is why it is pretty hard to trade jobs in many cases.

There are so many circumstances when workers might have the same kind of job done in a company. Take for instance, those who are working in the production department. They have the same line of work to produce same products, so those working there can trade jobs easily.

There are so many circumstances when workers might have the same kind of job done in a company. Take for instance, those who are working in the production department. They have the same line of work to produce same products, so those working there can trade jobs easily.

Well, they may be working in the same business department . However, the nature of job may be quite different. For example, the job of production manager might be a bit different from that of a supervisor. A worker who works in the production department may have a completely different kind of job.

Well, they may be working in the same business department . However, the nature of job may be quite different. For example, the job of production manager might be a bit different from that of a supervisor. A worker who works in the production department may have a completely different kind of job.

Yeah, that's very correct. The point is that there will always be a good relationship on their job so that it will be something they can swap with each other and see the job being carried out successfully, otherwise they are going to find it challenging to do it which is going to interfere with them carrying out their job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds