Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

WYR Would You Rather - Webmaster Edition #3

Explore compelling dilemmas with our bi-monthly 'Would You Rather' debates, where participants engage in lively discussions weighing two contrasting scenarios. Perfect for critical thinkers and decision-making enthusiasts!

Stunning Design or Top-Notch SEO - What's Your Pick?

• Total voters

Cedric

Ex-Captain Junkie
Retired Staff
We’re curious to know your thoughts on a common webmaster dilemma! We're running a quick poll to gather your opinions on what matters more to you when it comes to websites.

🤔 The Dilemma:​

Would you rather have a website with:
a) A stunning, eye-catching design but poor search engine optimization (SEO), struggling to rank?
b) A plain, simple-looking website with excellent SEO, ranking on the first page of search results?

Looking forward to seeing which side tips the scale and diving into your insights and experiences on this!

Truth be told I have a great stunning theme and design look. Well, not going to please everyone anyway and shocking SEO :( And so the poll for that I voted is 100% correct. SEO was done many years ago and it has not been touched since then. But then again it is how it is.

Yes, I do have that dilema. I like simple. Straight to the point. My wife is contrary to me. She loves all sorts of flying objects and colors hehe. We are always debating the topic. I think is a combination of both.

I would choose plain design, but excellent SEO. The reason is that I've seen quite a few forums use the default forum software theme and they are fairly active boards. With excellent SEO, I could hopefully attract a lot of new members to my board by ranking so well in search engines and bringing more traffic to the board in general.

To be honest, maybe in the middle, good design, good SEO. But between the two, I'd rather a more plain design and great SEO.

I'll go with the stunning design and poor SEO, but that's because I'm just running a hobby community, where things like the design are important to me.

If I was running a business, then I would take the plain design and excellent SEO in a heartbeat.

Stunning design and poor SEO for me. I rather have a great design that I would love to look at all the time, and invite friends to join. Word of mouth would work out well in this case I think.

I would go with a plain design and excellent SEO. What's the point of having a stunning design when it is not able to draw traffic towards its contents?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds