Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you rather foresee the future or read people's mind?

Advertisement Placeholder
Honestly, precognition. Reading peoples' minds means I will learn things I don't want to learn about. Things I'd rather not know.

Actually there's a really neat episode of the series Torchwood that covers this, S1E7: Greeks Bearing Gifts. Torchwood is a quirky little show - it only mostly makes sense if you've seen enough of Doctor Who since the reboot (ideally seasons 1 & 2) and it definitely explores ideas like that.

Neither if that was a choice. Knowing the future has far too much potential for distress if you see anything really horrible coming along, even more so if it ends up like a Final Destination style thing where even if you try to change it ultimately the result will still happen. As for reading peoples minds, like Cory said it likely wouldn't be very pleasant, especially if you read anything negative about yourself in the minds of people you care about.

Some things are better off not known, and both of these fall under that.

I think I would want the ability to be able to see into the future if I am honest. I would hate to be able to read people's minds and know exactly what they are thinking all the time and also know things that I would not be able to tell anyone. Imagine how many secrets you could find out or things you could find out that people are thinking about you. I would rather not know.

Being able to see into the future might help me be more positive to be honest as I always tend to worry about the future even before there is anything to worry about.

Foresee the future so I can be prepared for what is coming. I think being able to read people's minds would be very depressing, as that's probably where a lot of people bottle up their bad thoughts.

I wouldn't want to read people's mind. It is something that I can't even let people do to me since there is a lot that goes on the minds of people.

I would prefer to see the future, but maybe only if it was all positive, keep the bad stuff away!

tumblr_os0zsoqP2V1wstaxgo1_500.gif

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds