Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you exaggerate your skills to get a job?

Though almost everyone have done this in the past, i have even done this at one point in time. Personally i see this as wrong. What about if you care called to carry out these feats you made mention of, how do you defend yourself.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have seen many people doing this and they exaggerate their skills a lot to get a job. However, after they get the job 70% of the time, they would get fired for not being able to do the job.

So, do you think it's a good idea to get a job this way? These days I am looking for a job and I have just migrated to another country. I am a technical source and most of the time, there are lots of openings for functional resources. I was asked to make my profile as a functional source( I am a techno functional source to be exact, so it's not hard for me). I love programming a lot and if I get a job as a functional resource, I wouldn't be able to do coding that I love.

People do call me a fool when I give them this reason but I would want to stay true, to myself. What are your thoughts on this?
It is typically not a good idea to exaggerate or lie about your skills on a job application or resume. While it may help you gain an interview or perhaps a job, it can have major ramifications if your employer discovers you lack the talents you claimed to have.

I wouldn't do this and haven't done it before. The highest extent I've gone to then is to polish my skills with good, great English that's meant to put me in a great light but exaggeration is a no no.
It's normal to exaggerate and add more to your skill in order to get selected for an job while doing interview , its just like spicing your skills up just to have the opportunity of getting selected .

I have seen many people doing this and they exaggerate their skills a lot to get a job. However, after they get the job 70% of the time, they would get fired for not being able to do the job.

So, do you think it's a good idea to get a job this way? These days I am looking for a job and I have just migrated to another country. I am a technical source and most of the time, there are lots of openings for functional resources. I was asked to make my profile as a functional source( I am a techno functional source to be exact, so it's not hard for me). I love programming a lot and if I get a job as a functional resource, I wouldn't be able to do coding that I love.

People do call me a fool when I give them this reason but I would want to stay true, to myself. What are your thoughts on this?

It is a very wrong for you to exaggerate your skills just to secure a job. This is because you are definitely going to be discovered when you are given the job to do and you will lack the skill to be able to deliver on the job.

When you exaggerate yuur skikks and you are presented with a task that is at par with your exaggerated level, you would surely be found out. I prefer to be honest about my abilities and weaknesses to a potential employer.

I think exaggeration of skills may be helpful at times so that you will get employed but you need to be able to meet up to the task that you have told them that you can do

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds