Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you be staff on a forum you sold?

hissae2

Credits
If you were to sell your forum, for whatever reason, perhaps because you were in need of quick cash. Would you still stay on as an administrator or moderator to help out with the forum? Or would you just leave?

I don't think there will ever be a time when I sell my forum, but if I had to, I would stay on as admin for as long as I could. As long as I had the time I would be there to help the new owner and provide ideas for the forum. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I will definitely try to help out the person by staying as a staff on the forum for some time! May be like a month!

Haven't you been here more than a month since you sold WGBB? Haha. I'd stick around the help the new owner out if I was needed, however I would more than likely sell if I was bored with the forum or time constraints so if I wasn;t asked to stay, I probably wouldn't!

Quick @Jordan , give @xpl0iter a payoff so we can have fun without being spied on! (Xploiter is a member of the Indian secret service, under the guise of repacking drivers for the Americans)

I'm sure Jordan loves having you stick around though, we all do! You're like a good piece of furniture. :p

If I sell a forum its because I am tiered of working on it, so my answer would be now :D

I have sold forums in the past, and I do like to stay as staff. Even if I sell a site because I need money, the site still means alot to me. I would like to always have some type of say on the site's decisions.

I think that all depends on the terms in which I would sold a forum.

If it was a friendly transaction, I would not mind be staff in that forum. But if I had sell the forum for a reason that makes uncomfortable being attached to the forum somehow, I would not accept.

Matter of personal pride.

Quick @Jordan , give @xpl0iter a payoff so we can have fun without being spied on! (Xploiter is a member of the Indian secret service, under the guise of repacking drivers for the Americans)

I'm sure Jordan loves having you stick around though, we all do! You're like a good piece of furniture. :p
I wish I am with the secret service lmao.

No, never. When I sell my websites it's because I'm no longer interested in running the said website so I have no interest in maintaining my staff position on the board.

IDK. I think sticking around makes things a bit awkward, but it really depends under which situation the forum was sold. If I sold for profit, then probably not. If I sold because of lack of time for the project, then I might eventually come back to help out when I do have the time.

Yes I probably would but I would make it clear if I needed to take a break from the forum. It would also depend on how the members reacted. I know that ForumHour members were really angry with Pandaa when he sold out. It basically made it impossible for him to continue as a staff member.

I do not mind being a staff of a forum that I just sold, as long as I get something out of it. If the position is a paid position, of course I can work as a staff.

Yeah, why not? I would love to help out the new owner with managing the forum and bringing it to its potential.

Nope, if I am going to sell it, I will have nothing to do with it. If I would be staff, then why sell it in the first place?

I may be a staff if I still had the time and I sold it just for the money, I would love to help out the forum.

I would probably just be a member and check back every once in a while. I do not know if I would have the time to admin or moderate after selling.

I would probably just be a member and check back every once in a while. I do not know if I would have the time to admin or moderate after selling.
If you sell it and are still admin or moderator, then why sell it in the first place?

Except for money.

It all depends on the attachment I had to the site, if it's something I worked on for a while then I would offer my services to the new owner.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds