Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Worth money?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Do you think that any work you've ever produced is worth money? Personally, I'd say just one or two of my pieces would be worth any money but that said, any piece which is good for me is just a plain stroke of luck.

I'd like to think that as I improve I could sell a few though, nothing wrong with a bit of extra cash now is there?

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you think that any work you've ever produced is worth money? Personally, I'd say just one or two of my pieces would be worth any money but that said, any piece which is good for me is just a plain stroke of luck.

I'd like to think that as I improve I could sell a few though, nothing wrong with a bit of extra cash now is there?

I think you are actually good enough to start a site selling logos and other graphics- banners and the like.... You just need to get a portfolio going and sell them for a reasonable price. Also, digitalpoint has logo competitions going on every day- with the winner getting $20-$50...

I don't think I am that good at designing. I never have created something thats worth some money! But then, I haven't created much stuffs in this area! :p

I think you are actually good enough to start a site selling logos and other graphics- banners and the like.... You just need to get a portfolio going and sell them for a reasonable price. Also, digitalpoint has logo competitions going on every day- with the winner getting $20-$50...
Aww, thanks man! I'm glad you think that but I don't think that! I'd like to say that I am 'average' in terms of graphics and whilst I could possibly sell my graphics I'd rather not as I feel they are of a lesser quality than what I could produce. This is my problem where I like things to be perfect and I hate producing inferior work which is also a good thing I suppose but in GFX world it is quite irritating!

Digitalpoint is just..a strange place lol. Although, that is a good tip for when I get better, thanks for that one!

I don't think I am that good at designing. I never have created something thats worth some money! But then, I haven't created much stuffs in this area! :p

I think you should get on the creation train buddy, I have a feeling you'd do quite well!

2 were mybb themes, 1 smf theme and 1 phpbb theme and sorry since they were custom I gave them to the owners and then deleted them. Currently working on a couple of themes right now though.

That's fine Allan! Custom theming means you must be very good at what you do! :)

Since you have experience theming the three main free forum softwares, which would you say is the easiest???

My creations are worth the money since 2004, when I first started having web design clients. Just keep on progressing and learning, you'll get good money for your work ;)

Xenforo is really easy to cusomtize, I working on an SMF theme at the moment.
Just got done with a phpbb one.
What resources will you recommend me if I am planning to start theme'ing for xenforo?
Well, I don't have any experience at all in creating themes for software platforms! :(

What resources will you recommend me if I am planning to start theme'ing for xenforo?
Well, I don't have any experience at all in creating themes for software platforms! :(

As long as you know CSS/HTML and stuff you just need Xenforo and time my friend. :)

I've been paid for quite a bit of my worth, and I think a fair bit of it is and was worth the money spent. The better you get the more financially you'll get. :)

This one time I sold an avatar for £2 :ilike: It was a shit avatar so I dunno how I even got money for it, but hey.. he was willing to pay.
I don't think I'll be able to sell any of my work in the future, although I could possibly sell my sketches once I get a new tablet sorted.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds