Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Working on two monitors ?

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
Do any of you work on design projects or other stuff using two monitors? I find it to be more efficient for me to have anything but Photoshop on one monitor and Photoshop on the other. It allows me to work faster and I believe it can decrease the project timeline by 30-40%. Has anyone else tried this method and found it to be easier and more efficient? I'm curious to hear your thoughts and experience on working with this setup.

Advertisement Placeholder
Everyone at work thinks I'm mental because I'm the only one who *doesn't* use multiple monitors. But in my world... I've learned the hard way of moving from 'laptop + monitors' to 'laptop no monitors' and finding windows off the screen and other exciting dramas, so I just learned how to do all my dev on a single screen (like I always used to, long before dual monitor support was viable) and that was that.

@Arantor finding windows off the screen is interesting ahah
79gdz7.jpg

I at the moment only have 1 monitor so I am doing everything as best I can on that one monitor. I would love to look into getting a second monitor though as I feel that it can help a great deal on working on say two things at the same time which as stated, does drop the time spent doing all the tasks you need to do in one day. Hopefully one day I will be able to grab that second monitor.

I would easily get distracted when working with two monitors at the same time. It's why I haven't bothered about using two of them at the same time. I have access to working on two monitors but I just won't.

At work I have two monitors and absolutely love it. I can do so much more things all at one time, and am able to look at the different things I need to look at in order to do writing/paperwork that I must do. At home I have the one, but I have a huge Samsung Odyssey one I might put on my desk to use - which that's practically two monitors by itself. I also have a large Alienware one that I like, but it's really just one monitor.

I don't have the space for a permanent setup containing huge screens, but I usually use my iPad as a second monitor to my laptop whenever I work more demanding jobs. Works pretty well, even though it is quite small!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds