Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Windows Recall Is Sketchy

Credits
Microsoft is adding a new feature to Windows 11 called Recall. It records and lets you play back the recent actions you've done on your Windows 11 PC. However, in reality it all just seems kind of like an official keylogger. What do I mean by that? Well, it records whatever windows you had open on your PC and if you use a browser that doesn't hide your password as you type it in, it will display it in the playback. It'll also display your card number too, just another thing that hackers can gain access to if they're able to steal the files Recall saves. Recall is set to roll out in a future Windows 11 update. Here's Eric Parker demonstrating how Recall works.

I'm seriously thinking about seeing what programs I have installed that are compatible with Linux and making the switch soon. Sure you could go in and disable this feature when it rolls out, but this shouldn't even be a thing in the first place IMO.

Advertisement Placeholder
I guess everyone on the internet is talking about it now. MS had made it opt-in as per some blog I read a while ago.

AI works based on data collection. So denying it is kind of surprising.

If Alienware Command Center worked on Linux i would make the switch, honestly, it's literally the only program I need that doesn't work on Linux. -__-
Oh man that's super annoying! I'm surprised no one has found a work around for this yet. :S I did find a Github repository for AlienFX which is a program that's only designed to control the lighting effects on a Alienware computer but that's it. I'm guessing you're probably already aware of it if you've looked into switching but if you're not here's the link:
https://github.com/trackmastersteve/alienfx

Oh man that's super annoying! I'm surprised no one has found a work around for this yet. :S I did find a Github repository for AlienFX which is a program that's only designed to control the lighting effects on a Alienware computer but that's it. I'm guessing you're probably already aware of it if you've looked into switching but if you're not here's the link:
https://github.com/trackmastersteve/alienfx
Yeah the issue with it isn't just the laptop i'm using, i have other peripherials, some are really new and require the latest build of AWCC. So i need the full command center, not just AlienFX. Plus AWCC also deals with the thermals and such.

Windows has been spyware in full force since 10 and probably 8. Cortana already IS a keylogger. It phones home everything you do and even if you turn off things in the settings it still does a LOT of spying.

I switched over and had no issues. I play games and have no allegiance to any software. I do like Photoshop but found some good alternatives and can still use it through WINE.

I use Mint, Whonix, and Tails.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds