Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Windows 8.1

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Has anyone upgraded?

I did the other day. I wasn't very impressed. There were very few noticeable changes made. The install process had all these things which added up to a huge invasion of privacy... (http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/privacy-concerns-and-windows-81.html). Then once installed it came up and said my license was being used on multiple computers and to buy the license. I had to spend 20 minutes on the phone with Microsoft fixing it.

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I just got a new laptop several days ago and it came with Windows 8.

I was truly afraid of this operating system, but now using it on a daily basis it's not that bad as I thought. However I found that the software needed software updates and accepting those updates led me to Microsoft site encouraging me to upgrade to Windows 8.1

Remembering bugs and hassle that Microsoft had in the past with several of their products, I declined the invite to upgrade and now I see that I did the right thing, otherwise I would be in trouble now because for an unknown reason I have never gotten Microsoft support by any mean since Windows 1995.

I'm still using windows 7. At this point, I refuse to support Microsoft anymore and will never purchase another upgrade/windows version from them. The linux world seems to finally be getting its shit together and Game developers are finally taking it serious as well. I give it 5ish years before linux is a serious serious threat to Microsoft. I mean, whos gonna buy Windows when they can get a free OS that they can customize to work and look the way they want to.

I'm still using windows 7. At this point, I refuse to support Microsoft anymore and will never purchase another upgrade/windows version from them. The linux world seems to finally be getting its shit together and Game developers are finally taking it serious as well. I give it 5ish years before linux is a serious serious threat to Microsoft. I mean, whos gonna buy Windows when they can get a free OS that they can customize to work and look the way they want to.

To answer your question, Every single household who is use to windows and it user simplicity, and those who don't like change nor have any idea what linux is xD :p

While I can see that linux is definitely becoming more user friendly, I agree with Jordan - people dislike change. Also, with the number of linux distros it makes it difficult for people to pick an OS.

I am pretty happy with windows 8, and as much as I was eager to upgrade to the latest, I have not done so because as Sam has mentioned one here, I have come across a lot of such bugs, I for one didnt expect this from Microsoft, so I am not upgrading yet, is it possible that on a later stage they will fix such bugs and rerelease 8.1? Not with an announcement of course. Or for these bug fixes we have to wait for 8.2? Asiding the manual fix solution.

The biggest and best change on 8.1 is the fact that they put the Start button back on the desktop, but honestly, stick with 7.

I never used Windows 7 and everyone said it was the best. At this point, I don't have the option to buy a Windows 7 computer as all new computers are standard Windows 8+. But, I got a chance to try the Windows 8 computer on a store demo and really loved it. I can't wait to get one that has Windows 8 as it's so much nicer for an interface than XP or Windows Vista (which I'm currently using).

All new computers are NOT Windows 8. You can find a Windows 7 computer at a lot of computer retailers such as OfficeMax.

Only got W 8.1 because W 7 will eventually get old, and die out. Wanted to make sure I had the newest for security reasons.

I am still using Windows 7 and I think it works best for me. Have used Windows 8 for a day on my friend's laptop, but it was worth the use. Windows 7 come with more user friendly theme and easy understanding. Its more compatible over Windows 8 in running various softwares.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds