Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why is Agricultural industry having less investors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is also the state of the agricultural industries here that there are less and less who are investing on agricultural land for farming. The most common investment in land is the waiting game - they buy now and after 5 years they make the land a residential village. One town here that became a city underwent that phase. Gone are the orchards and farms, they gave way to the residential villages. When a farm land is converted to a residential or commercial village the price of land goes up so the rest of the farms would follow suit. I wonder how agriculture can feed us 10 years from now if no one is investing in agricultural lands.

Advertisement Placeholder
Agriculture is undoubtedly , a good way to make money ,but it is quite surprising that the number of Agricultural investors is on the decline.

People's desire for white collar job is part of the reason.
Do you believe in Agriculture as a good means of investment?
Why is the agricultural industry having a smaller
People prefer white collar jobs more than agricultural work. They believe that farmers do suffer and they can't get rich with it. Branding it total suffering in poverty. But they forgot that farming is a lucrative investment. If one venture into farming full-time with the aid of modern farming tools/machinery. I think such farmer will make a whole lot of profit that will make him or her a wealthy person in the future.

People prefer white collar jobs more than agricultural work. They believe that farmers do suffer and they can't get rich with it. Branding it total suffering in poverty. But they forgot that farming is a lucrative investment. If one venture into farming full-time with the aid of modern farming tools/machinery. I think such farmer will make a whole lot of profit that will make him or her a wealthy person in the future.
Ofcourse , there is always demand for food and other Agricultural product ,and at such the farmer will always have market. With mechanization , things will be a lot more easier for him .

Agriculture is undoubtedly , a good way to make money ,but it is quite surprising that the number of Agricultural investors is on the decline.

No doubt dear agriculture have a lot of benefits if someone invest and work hard in this field mostly people do not invest in agriculture because it demand high concentration and consistency in hard work so people are not much hardworking so they search for a job

Ofcourse , there is always demand for food and other Agricultural product ,and at such the farmer will always have market. With mechanization , things will be a lot more easier for him .
Those tools/machineries will help the farmer to achieve quicker and faster work time. When it comes to farming, both subsistent and commercial, they are meant to be facilitated with technologies that makes work easier.

Agriculture is a very good and lucrative business to invest into. There is alot of profit in doing the business though it has risk in it.also government need to support people that want to do the business.

A lot of people invest in Agriculture in this part of the world be it crop farming or livestock farming.... most people do not like the idea of soiling their hands with farm work so they rather invest money in another person's farm.... At the end of the day they share the profit from the sales of the product with the farm owner

I do not agree that Agriculture is having less investors. That was then, not now. Individuals and even the government are investing in Agriculture. I'm using my country as a case study here.

There is money in Agriculture. For those who are smart enough to see it.

Agricultural businesses have much investors. A lot of investor prefer going into agricultural business to other businesses, because of the profits and assurance that their buyers will surely come for it. A lots of investors dabble into agro allied business, where you buy farm products and move it to the market for a profitable price. It's an understatement to say that people are not investing on Agriculture.

I don't agree with the OP point of view. In fact, I believe these days agriculture is getting more attention than it used to a couple of years ago. Farming was limited to rural areas, however, these days even in the cities people are utilizing empty space to grow foods. People are growing vegetables and fruits in the terraces, balconies, lobby, portico, etc.

I think people are still investing in agriculture, but if there's a decline it should be because we are welcoming a new generation, a generation that technology is the order of the day. Because of the massive growth in technology the younger generation fail to see the importance of agriculture and how beneficial it can be.

I don't think agriculture industry gets less interest. In fact, in the last 5 years individuals and businessess have invested heavily in agriculture. There has been a lot of improvement in agriculture technology.

I know a lot of my friends who are into agriculture, and for you to invest in agriculture does not necessarily mean to will have to go to farm and doing the labour, agriculture is really a nice and lucrative business most especially if you can practice mechanized farming and with great return

Agriculture is getting little investment because most people are not aware of the investment opportunities in the Agricultural sector.
When most people hears agriculture, what comes to their mind is farm work so it's easy for them to ignore it.
People are afraid of going into agriculture because they are afraid of uncertainties,or don't know much about agriculture. Sadly,it's one of the best investment one can always back on, and expect good returns if properly done well. Yes agriculture as its own risk,but if you know how to go about it,you will be smiling to the bank In no time.

Is just a very simple psychological interpretation because people especially in Africa think that agriculture is not profitable Wheras it is completely the other way around,people in Africa does not believe in agriculture that is the reason but if you go to the western country agriculture is the major source of food for everybody that's why the government and the people put more effort to improve it.

I think most persons are yet to come to terms with the huge potential the industry have. There's also the hard work that it requires, which a lot of people are not really ready to put in the effort. But it's really a money spinning sector since we all need food.

Is because many people don't like agriculture to invest in, and many people don't agriculture because of lack of knowledge about the business, that is the reason why some people don't like investing in agriculture.

The challenges facing global agriculture in the coming decades are monumental, both as a provider of food and, more broadly, as an engine of growth in developing countries. The sector will have to feed a projected population of 9 billion people by 2050. The central role of smallholder farmers’ investment in any strategy for promoting agricultural development is widely recognised less.

Government need to make agricultural sector attractive for youths to see it as more than white collar job.

Government is busy promoting oil industry, thieve and corruption.

As long as agricultural sector remain unattractive it will continue to decline.
Government and private investors need to encourage farming by transforming the sector in the use of mechanise system of farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds