Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do you post on Forums?

Advertisement Placeholder
I mainly post on message boards as a hobby and to kill time, it's one of the few interests I have. I do coding and support for the Jcink forum software and for the rest of the message boards, I'm on to discuss the various topics around the board. It can be fun discussing topics of similar interest and getting to know random strangers on the internet, particularly if you're not too great at socializing IRL like me.

Part of it's nostalgia, but another part of it's because I find all of the alternatives to be lacking in some way. The other options are feature-poor (e.g. Reddit), have no sense of community (e.g. social media), or emphasise chatter and small talk at the expense of long-form content with long-term value (e.g. Discord).

To be honest, I'm pretty sure I'll be using forums until either I die or they do :p .

To learn from like minded people, especially from a forum that has like minded individuals like this.

I post on forums myself for quite a few reasons and one of the main reasons is to meet other like-minded people and to share my opinions, knowledge and just what interests me. I love to be able to meet new people through forum posting and I have been lucky enough to meet some awesome friends through forum posting as well as my other half who I met through my own forum in 2009. I also like to post on forums for extra incentives as well but that is not my main focus on forum posting.

These days its mostly for fun and to get back into content writing. I do have my own website, or atleast I am currently building it so will be using most forums to advertise it soon.

So I can hear people moan about the low pay and keep sharing how I turn that into a sizable nest egg. The Forums don't pay a lot, but when I run them inside my CryptoTab Browser and take the Satoshi that earns to deposit where I earn compound interest on it, the whole story takes on a new meaning of Paid To Post. Besides, I like being a Satoshi Millionaire.

I get to see many peoples opinions on a particular topic. I learn a lot from other's point of view. I find that fun.

Posting on forums is one of those ways that I get to discuss interesting matters with a lot of people. I like being on forums that have interesting sections to talk on.

I'd rather take my chances on forums then on social media. Here I don't have to worry so much about toxic people or stupid posts.

I'd rather take my chances on forums then on social media. Here I don't have to worry so much about toxic people or stupid posts.
This is why I'm always more on forums than I do on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and the rest.
The only social media site that I'm using more often these days is only TikTok.

This is why I'm always more on forums than I do on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and the rest.
The only social media site that I'm using more often these days is only TikTok.
The videos on TikTok can be very entertaining. It's why most people like making use of it. Unfortunately, it's banned in USA if I remembered correctly.

Been doing it since I started back in the day when I was studying and Fourms helped in terms of growing and meeting new people. Learn so much and read so much more so than going to Facebook or Twitter. Meet people and still talk to them to this day, well to a point. Got into the game when I was into GTA Rping and joined clans and sites that used Forum software. Then started my own and went to FP for example.

I love how niche they are and I feel that you can get to know people better on forums. I also like how they're not toxic for the most part unlike social media. Plus most forums I'm a member on aren't heavily moderated like Facebook is, so I don't have to worry about my posts being removed for dumb reasons. :p Plus they're structured better than any other type of website! You can easily search for whatever content you're looking for. Good luck finding things on social media or Discord servers.

I dunno why exactly, I just prefer the format of Forums for more focused chats, as well as longer chat messages where appropriate. I still plan to keep a couple of text chat channels on my Discord, but will be removing the vast majority of the channels in favor of my forum/blogs and website.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds