Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do you like MyBB ?

NomanProdhan1

Credits
MyBB is an open source community forum script. I really like this script as its user friendly, you can manage it without knowing any coding knowledge, MyBB have lots of features like private messaging, reputation system, thread rating, plugins and so on. I am running a forum where I have used MyBB. I have used MyBB 1.6.x and now I am using the latest version of MyBB. However, I know there we have lots of people who like and use MyBB. Let us know why do you like MyBB ? Share your thoughts and experience with us :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I haven't used MyBB in a while, however, when I do my reason for choosing that forum software is because I find it a great alternative to paid software such as Xenforo or vBulletin. With the ability to add mods and with so many new themes to choose from it really is the perfect software if you are looking for something professional looking but free.

prefer MyBB I have a few forum websites my best one is my The walking dead forum which I used mybb for and I got a great theme what I downloaded. I then re edited the whole theme also mybb as some great plugins like my best plugin is the google seo one and also the karma.

I've always liked the powerful administrative and moderation tools that it includes- I mean heck, you can even create your own tools if you aren't satisfied with what is provided. There is also a large plugin and theme base behind the software, making it extremely easy to customise to your desires quickly and for free.

I like mybb for the following reasons.
1. It's free and you can go for icyboards, if you don't want to spend anything. Or you can get the script and use your own hosting.
2. There are lots of themes, you can choose your own theme, light or dark and you can choose based on the niche too.
3. There are lots of plugins for various functionalities and most of them are free.
4. The support is great. Not just the staff, even fellow members love to support others.
5. They are going to release mybb 2.0 which has all the things that a webmaster ever needs and the default stuff are going to be responsive.

Because simply has lots of plugins, themes and easy to use administration interface.

One reason I like it is cause there are these specific premium themes I like that go with it. A second reason is that I like the free ad and point mods, as well as the default emojis. Anyway, the first reason mostly explains why I have been dabbling it lately, though normally I use XenForo.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds