Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Do Some Employees Do Not Get Promoted?

I feel the main reason some employees do not get promoted in a company is because they do not work hard enough to get the promotion. I believe an employee that is hard working ought to be promoted in due time.

Advertisement Placeholder
This could be due to various reasons, but the most common one of them all could be the fact that the said employee is not putting enough effort. Does who get promoted are the ones who have been able to make a difference and have been able to prove that they can handle more responsibility by simply handling what they have right now.

Maybe the management of the company is so bad that they never consider promoting people from within the company. Or the employee does not have the academic qualifications for promotion. Some companies don't promote you just for having the experience.

That's the fact, I believe in as much as you want to be promoted by others, it's expected of you to show some interest of been hardwork. You don't have to be lazy for any reason.
Yeah, laziness is one of the major reasons a lot of employees do not get promoted. But if you're working hard in a business venture and you're not promoted it is better for you to get out of your comfort zone.

I feel the main reason some employees do not get promoted in a company is because they do not work hard enough to get the promotion. I believe an employee that is hard working ought to be promoted in due time.

This is exactly what I believe as well because there is no way you are going to be lazing around in a company and still expect them to promote you in the end which will result in also increasing your salaries at the same time.

This is exactly what I believe as well because there is no way you are going to be lazing around in a company and still expect them to promote you in the end which will result in also increasing your salaries at the same time.
Yeah. Most companies even fire lazy employees. I feel like lenient or considerate employers might not fire those employees but they just would not get promoted until they work hard to deserve the promotion.

As an employee it is important to work hard but at the same time you should also know when to walk away. If you are hard-working and the business does not value you enough then I think it is important you look for another job.

Not working hard can be the biggest reason that employees do not get promoted and this is a logical reason, why should a company promote someone who is lazy?

There are many people who do not work hard at all and I think that mentors should do something about it as it is their job to identify such employees and correct them.

Every country has their own way of doing things . over here there is no how you will not be promoted if you are working in the government sector but it is very difficult for you to get promoted if you are working for most private organisations as there is no proper arrangement for all these things here.

Depending on the company, sometimes tribalism could be the reason for not being promoted, or the individual do not want to add additional skills that will promote the growth of the company.

As an employee it is important to work hard but at the same time you should also know when to walk away. If you are hard-working and the business does not value you enough then I think it is important you look for another job.
Yeah, you are right. I can't work for someone who doesn't appreciate me, or doesn't see how hard i work and is always complaining. This is the reason why i believe it's much better to be self employed than to work for someone.

Yeah, laziness is one of the major reasons a lot of employees do not get promoted. But if you're working hard in a business venture and you're not promoted it is better for you to get out of your comfort zone.

in this our generation in as much as you can give your best by working hard and sacrificing your time. then you will make huge amount of money within a short period of time.

This has been a feature of some organizations. I worked in a place for two years and a new staff was brought to come and head me just because he was in the boss' religious denomination.
Depending on the company, sometimes tribalism could be the reason for not being promoted, or the individual do not want to add additional skills that will promote the growth of the company.

Yeah, you are right. I can't work for someone who doesn't appreciate me, or doesn't see how hard i work and is always complaining. This is the reason why i believe it's much better to be self employed than to work for someone.
This is actually the major reason a lot of people prefer to start their own businesses. There are some people you will work for and no matter how hard you work, they will never appreciate.

You are absolutely right. Some people are just so hard to please. You could do everything in your power to please them, yet they still won't be satisfied. I hope i never encounter such type of people as a employer.
This is actually the major reason a lot of people prefer to start their own businesses. There are some people you will work for and no matter how hard you work, they will never appreciate.

You are absolutely right. Some people are just so hard to please. You could do everything in your power to please them, yet they still won't be satisfied. I hope i never encounter such type of people as a employer.
it is better for you to start your own business than to work under such people because they may end up of frustrating you and wasting your time. People that does not appreciate your effort does not worth your time.

Yeah. Most companies even fire lazy employees. I feel like lenient or considerate employers might not fire those employees but they just would not get promoted until they work hard to deserve the promotion.

This is why it is very important for any worker to try as much as possible to work hard. This is the only way you will be recognised in the business establishment. If you don't work hard, don't think about getting promoted.

it is better for you to start your own business than to work under such people because they may end up of frustrating you and wasting your time. People that does not appreciate your effort does not worth your time.
That's true. It's better to start your business rather than working for someone who doesn't appreciate your efforts and wasting your time and efforts.

That's true. It's better to start your business rather than working for someone who doesn't appreciate your efforts and wasting your time and efforts.
A lot of people who are successful in business is today is in that level because they were rejected in the workplace. Instead of working with people that does not appreciate you it is better you start your own business.

A lot of people who are successful in business is today is in that level because they were rejected in the workplace. Instead of working with people that does not appreciate you it is better you start your own business.
Yeah, some other people who weren't able to start up their own business got way better job, where their efforts were appreciated and with a better pay than their previous job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds