Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do people "troll" others?

RedPumpkin

Credits
To me, "trolling" is a form of bullying but only when it is taken out of hand. I have a blog with a few different writers on it and there are always a handful of people who leave nasty comments. I have had one of my younger female writers quit because of it and she was amazing.

Advertisement Placeholder
Because it's fun. :p

Though, trolling complete strangers is where the bullying happens, I troll my friends all the time and I wouldn't consider it "bullying"

By definition, trolling means to get a rise out of someone. When I think of this, I think of vampirism. Let me explain. Vampires from legend are known to suck the life out of people whether it be the soul, blood or energy... It's food for them. In my opinion, a troll is a modern day vampire looking for prey on the Internet to steal energy, get high or what-have-you off their emotions - their anger, their frustration, their sadness, their rage.

Everyone likes to act tough on the Internet. They do that in real life too but they don't like to be the target.

I think that spirited discussions are great, but trolling is just annoying. When someone does it to me, I just tend to ignore them. If I say something wrong and you want to call me on it, I have no problem with it. To just sit in a dark corner and wait to pounce on someone is just plain sad.

By definition, trolling means to get a rise out of someone. When I think of this, I think of vampirism. Let me explain. Vampires from legend are known to suck the life out of people whether it be the soul, blood or energy... It's food for them. In my opinion, a troll is a modern day vampire looking for prey on the Internet to steal energy, get high or what-have-you off their emotions - their anger, their frustration, their sadness, their rage.

Interesting comparison between vampires and trolls. I can totally see that. Haha!

I see nothing wrong with it when it is being done out of fun but when it crosses the line, I hate it. I see it online all the time where people will jump in and join in on someone getting teased or bullied and it isn't right or okay.

I see nothing wrong with it when it is being done out of fun but when it crosses the line, I hate it. I see it online all the time where people will jump in and join in on someone getting teased or bullied and it isn't right or okay.

It seems to be a grey area, unfortunately.

There are different types of trolling. If trolling involves serious personal attack or other harm, then I don't support it. However, if it is something light, I am fine with it.

On the internet, some people are going to be nasty. There's not much anyone can do about it.

Sometimes it is hard to find answers. People are different. Some people believe that "trolling" is fun and they are not exactly physically attacking others. I have heard people saying ''a few mean words don't hurt anyone".

They always tend to forget that "pen is mightier than sword". The wrong words, mean curse words, can and will hurt a person. I don't really think there is a big difference between hurting someone physically or emotionally. I don't like trolling at all. If all the people involved in trolling or having a great time, then it's fine as no one is getting hurt but if that's not case, I despise such trolling from the bottom of my heart.

People thing trolling is fun but it's fun only when everyone is enjoying. This is my opinion and I believe it is the truth as well.

Sometimes it could be something people have coming, but often not. However, though, the defenders of bullying will claim - they always have it coming. However, the failed logic there is that what is considered justification for bullying - is highly subjective.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds