Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do businesses not accept AMEX cards?

Credits
Amex, more commonly known as American Express are a credit card firm. Most merchants will not accept payment by AMEX. Upon researching, I found that AMEX isn't accepted globally like VISA or Mastercard because American Express charge a higher fee in comparison for each transaction. I also noticed Fiverr has temporarily stopped taking AMEX payments when I was placing an order.

Anyone else ran into problems with AMEX?

View attachment 3742

Advertisement Placeholder
My take on this would be the difficulty in changing these cards or put more better, cashing out these cards will make it more difficult for these payment platforms to accept them. More faster, digital methods are available.

As they do say there is no smoke without fire from within or without.
Nevertheless, I will so respected their stance not to accept the card because this is business and it must be profitable, I believe they are trying to avoid loses

Well My final take on this would be the difficulty in changing these cards or put more better, cashing out these cards will make it more difficult for these payment platforms to accept them. More faster, digital methods are available.

speaking from my experience i believe it would take the amex card years before it is globally accepted, as the cards have so many issues which i thought should not be, because they are competing with established brands.

Speaking from personal experience, I think it will be years before the Amex card is widely accepted because the cards have so many problems that shouldn't exist given that they are vying with well-known brands.

As they do state, neither internal nor external fire produces smoke.
However, I will respect their decision to refuse the card because this is a business and it needs to be lucrative, and I think they are attempting to prevent losses.

Speaking from personal experience, I think it will be years before the Amex card is widely accepted because the cards have so many problems that shouldn't exist given that they are vying with well-known brands.
Wow this is serious, considering the fact that I don't have any experience about how it is and how it works, but why do you think it's not good to use it, what are the problems attached to it.

Yes, I have run into problems with AMEX. I recently placed an order on Fiverr, and when I tried to pay with my AMEX card, it would not work. It was also a bit expensive for me, i usually avoid it most of the times.

Well I don't have much idea about the payment system, probably the reason why a lot of platforms are not accepting it is because of the higher fee transaction associated with it . However I am willing to carry out research to know more about it.

This payment method isn't really popular, I don't really see the need of creating more payment method when we already have so many alternative. Couple with the fact that this has a very high transaction fee

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds