Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Who actually uses Social Logins?

Advertisement Placeholder
I use twitter to sign-up on forums occasionally, but besides that I really don't use social logins. How about you? Do you use them to sign-up?

Yeah I use it a lot on news websites. It reduces the whole filling up forms stuffs to basically one thing. You have to set your display name on most of those websites I use, all other info, they take it directly from the twitter/fb profiles.

Once I signed up for a humor forum that required a Facebook login. The forum software had these plug ins which scrape the user's most recent Facebook update and repost to the forum profile.

The forum software took my most recent Facebook status update, which I had set to custom (only me and the person tagged could see it) and added it to my official status for the forum. And, yes it could be viewed by everyone. Considering the status update on Facebook was to my boyfriend at the time, I wasn't very happy about it being shared with the world. I had to actually delete the update on my Facebook account to make it go away. I stopped using that forum and disconnected my Facebook account as I was not interested in broadcasting my personal life to strangers.

I use Google and Twitter to login to websites I use on regular basis, because I'm too lazy to remember all of the passwords that I use. However, I do not use social logins on forums.

I do use them a lot, but only on sites that I trust, not on every other site and never on a forum. I think social logins are a great time saver and very useful, but don't know if it is true or not but I sometimes feel they can be manipulated.

If they offer a Google credentials log in, and I trust the application, I'll use it. Otherwise I'll just create an account with an email address. I do the same occasionally with Twitter, if the application is more social media based than anything else. Now, Digg has apparently disabled account creation at the moment, from what I've dug up so far after trying to use it recently after a long break from it. The only way to sign in at the moment is to use Twitter, Facebook, or Google accounts, and I can't even find my user url, either, using those methods, but I seem to remember having one.

As far as using Facebook for signing in or creating an account somewhere, I'm very cautious about that. I don't like apps posting things for me when I haven't asked for it, especially silly things like 'I just started playing Pink Sheep and Swiss Cheese and I need you to send me some wool!'. If I want to test out an application or see what it does, that's my business, and I don't need it on the five o clock news.

I don't really use them when it comes to signing up on a forum or anything but if it comes to signing onto a website or some sort of blog I want quick access to, then I will normally use the twitter sign-up option if it's available. More often than not though, I will just create an account using my email.

I use them on blogs more than forums, honestly. I think it's because blogs seem a lot more personal to me than forums, where you're almost expected to have a default alias.

When these options where first made available I was using them more often than I was using a manual registration on websites and forums however after a while and with all the problems with privacy not being respected on certain places I stopped using these kind of login options and went back to manual logins and still use manual even now.

I prefer not to use social logins, because I do not like to sign in using Facebook (I fear it invades my privacy). I prefer to sign up using traditional method (i.e. registering with an email address).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds