Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Which fields are Nepotism more commonly found in?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
Are there certain fields or professions where you think it is more common? Do you think it's more common in public administration or in private enterprise?

Advertisement Placeholder
It's found in all field, sector or profession, however, there are cases where it's extreme and commonly practiced. Here is my list from experience: all federal government ministries and organisations, political parties and organisations, religion organizations and the government.

Nepotism is commonly found almost everywhere in the human society even though it depends and most often in government organisation and jobs seeking companies that's which offer jobs opportunities to people.

I think nepotism is more common in a private enterprise. This is because most of them are family businesses and so managers will favour family members for certain positions even if they don't qualify for it.

Nepotism is very much rampant in the Civil service and public sectors. There have been incidences of incompetency being rewarded with promotion due to underlying nepotism.

Nepotism is found almost everywhere i have come across but mostly in private companies or organizations.

Are there certain fields or professions where you think it is more common? Do you think it's more common in public administration or in private enterprise?

Over here in my country Nigeria, Nepotism is found in both public administrative offices and private ones but I think it's more rampant in the public offices with the way our government works.

Nepotism is present in both private and public sectors in my country.
However it is widespread in government establishment in my country.

I think nepotism is commonly found in all sector both private or non private but especially in government because them will like to favour only people they know.

nepotism is prevalent every where, however, it is more common in the private sectors compared o the government sectors. If you do not have any connections, it is very rate for you to reach high position in the private jobs.

In the private sector, the business owner is free to hire whoever he wishes, the public cannot complain. However, government agencies are funded by taxpayer money, and if the government is hiring a person with fake resume, only because the person is the relative or friend of a top official, citizens, especially the person whose resume is stolen, has the right to complain.

I don't know of any other country but one thing I know is the in my country nepotism works both in the private and government sector

The rate of nepotism in both private and public administrations have become so rampant and common to the point that it is almost impossible to decide which side is better. There was a time I would have easily picked the puplic administration as a common ground for nepotism but right now, it's safe to say the private sector is equally the same if not even worse since there is no external body to monitor them.

Nepotism is the order of the day in government-owned enterprises as most of them feel like they are untouchable. Since they are connected to those that are at the top and got the job from them, they feel protected

Nepotism is more common in public establishments because it's always more difficult to get into such establishments here in my country.
Private organizations always seem to want to have the best irrespective of where the person is from.

I think nepostism is based on individuals, and I am sure a lot of people will agree that nepotism is common among public agencies as compared to the private sector.

Nepotism is common in every secure be it a private sector or a public sector. I feel nepotism is more common among the government officials though.

It's found in all field, sector or profession, however, there are cases where it's extreme and commonly practiced. Here is my list from experience: all federal government ministries and organisations, political parties and organisations, religion organizations and the government.
Seriously there is no profession that you don't get to see act of nepotism because it is something that has to do with human beings I'm not the job because most people have a very serious personal problem.

Nepotism is very much rampant in the Civil service and public sectors. There have been incidences of incompetency being rewarded with promotion due to underlying nepotism.
This is something that is very true because our civil service is already crippled by acts of nepotism as those that are in charge of recruitment always doing whatever they like without following due process.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds