Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Which fields are Nepotism more commonly found in?

Based on my experience most of the companies that practice nepotism are the family corporations. It cannot be helped because the children of the founder are also major stockholders and directors of the board as well so they have the influence to be appointed to a high position in the company.

Advertisement Placeholder
Nepotism is more common in public administration. This is one of the primary reasons why we cannot expect the best service from the government. Despite the implementation of the civil service law and policies such as public announcements for vacancies, many appointments are based on the basis of one's connection. It's who you know that will get you into many public service positions or jobs. Nepotism is blatantly practiced in the higher echelons of government as in the case of a top official who awarded a security contract to his wife's security agency.

Nepotism is mostly commonly in political system mostly in Nigeria that is full with dense mutienthenic society any region or religion in power will hajack power to it side

Nepotism is rampant in civil service, it most common in public set up, in my country it is hard you get government job freely as a graduate because they employ secretly by nepotism

This is something that is very true because our civil service is already crippled by acts of nepotism as those that are in charge of recruitment always doing whatever they like without following due process.
This is actually a big revelation in my country because our civil service is still suffering as a result of acts of nepotism by our state officials who are supposed to be selfless in discharging their office duties.

Nepotism is being practised and found almost everywhere in the government m private and public sectors ,its a process or situation where someone favours his or her family members for a position.

Nepotism has become part and parcel of us in Nigeria. Especially in all sectors of government ,if you are a particular section of the country, you will be highly recognize any where. Even in the private sector you are regards as number one citizens of the country.

This is something that is very true because our civil service is already crippled by acts of nepotism as those that are in charge of recruitment always doing whatever they like without following due process.
This is true. Acts of nepotism and favoritism are common themes in the civil service and it grows unchecked to such a level that if you don't have someone there, then it might be difficult to get a job.

Nepotism can be found or rather is found in different sectors, areas, organisations, companies and many others places. It's visible everywhere one can see it too often especially Africa especially in my country

Based on my experience most of the companies that practice nepotism are the family corporations. It cannot be helped because the children of the founder are also major stockholders and directors of the board as well so they have the influence to be appointed to a high position in the company.
You maybe right but it is a family business, it is only natural to have family members to be major stockholder and occupied top positions. Personally, I see nothing wrong to it. If you look closely they employ qualified on merit.

I think it can be found in both private and public sectors, it also depends on the country also because some countries do not tolerate corruption to that extent while some will relax over it. The side effect is that there will be high crime rate and robbery in the country.

It's on a very rare occasion that you get to see some people get employed in that kind of high office position and it's only when the success of the business is highly dependent on getting the best people working for them that they do that.

This is actually a big revelation in my country because our civil service is still suffering as a result of acts of nepotism by our state officials who are supposed to be selfless in discharging their office duties.
Politics and politicians are the most selfish people in the world today from my experience with dealing with them for over 5 years. They ain't caring about anything else but their pockets.

Nepotism can be found everywhere in the government and in private organization and it all depends on the people that are in the top position of the company or organization

Politics and politicians are the most selfish people in the world today from my experience with dealing with them for over 5 years. They ain't caring about anything else but their pockets.
Nepotism can be found in all areas but i think it is really prevalent in politics and in government establishments. This is because due process is not always followed and there are no checks and balances.

To be sincere, nepotism is actually everywhere. But nepotism is high and very common in public administration. In most governmental set up, nepotism is the order of the day, they favor those they know only

The section where nepotism is common is the managerial section of the company. In my country, you will hardly get jobs in the customs service and in the army if you are not from a particular tribe.

When it comes to nepotism,where it is commonly prevalent is in the government sector where profitability is not the order of the day,technocrates are not normally put in the right postion.
Nepotism is commonly found almost everywhere in the human society even though it depends and most often in government organisation and jobs seeking companies that's which offer jobs opportunities to people.
The isseu of nepotism is usually found in almost all enterprise and organisation,but the most prevalent is the government esterblishment and institutions,they are mostly culpable in this aspect of undue favouritism.

Last edited:
Here is my list from experience: all federal government ministries and organisations, political parties and organisations, religion organizations and the government.

Nepotism in India is common in politics, judiciary, business, the film industry, religious circles, and many other types of organizations.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds