Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

When you're rejected?

MrDawn

Reputable member
When you get rejected by someone you're close to and they choose to get with someone else instead of you, do keep them as a friend or do you wash your hands of them and move on with your life?

I wish them well and move on with my life, assuming we’re talking about something more than “just friends”.

"Friend zone" is a dynamic place. It's a give/take balance. If that gets unbalanced, all sort of situations may arise.
If someone is "hanging" more with someone else, does not meant he/she is not your friend anymore. Everyone has interests in diverse things and there are different phases in life where some "friendships" are not working out anymore.
Are you getting rejected because of the other person? or Are you been rejected for something you did or did not do?
Different rejections has different meanings...
Sit down with yourself and truly answer those questions.
And then you determine if: Fixing a problem is needed (if fixable) or step out and keep minding your own business...

Last edited:
Rejection usually causes me a lot of grief because I always think it's all my fault. I feel like I wallow in self-pity and I'm just never good enough for some people. It makes me generally go my own way and causes me to be even more of a broken man than I already am. Right now I have 0 IRL friends and I've never been in a relationship, most of my life has been rejection after rejection. I've had social issues a lot of my life where I can't concisely speak my mind and I just overthink too much sometimes about how others may judge me.

I don't even try to make friends or be in a relationship anymore, because like I said, I'm pretty much a broken man at this point and feel like I can't be bothered to be rejected anymore.

It's highly dependent on individual situations. For instance, if kids are involved, it might not be good to ignore the ex.

It's never happened but highly doubt I'd talk to them again if it does happen.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds