Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Site Management When you create more categories and

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.
Hey Jane, this looks like a good thread for me to push some feedback.

I see you are changing the default themes up a bit. I do like your new default theme but it needs some work to be friendly for new users.

1699988824560.png

- The resend email link isn't applicable to most people and could probably be relocated somewhere else. When I see that it makes me feel like the site is broken or something.

- The navigation is very small, it would look great large printed.

- There's a LOT of empty space making the forum look almost broken. I don't know why that link is there, could just go without it.

- As a guest I clearly can't view the shoutbox, in this case it should be hidden altogether as it just fills the page with nothing

- There's a missing space between Welcome, and Announcements in the category title

- There's a no entry icon beside PLEASE READ makes me feel like I should leave this page

- The PLEASE READ is taking up so much space on the page as well mostly empty and doesn't say anything useful. (you should just use a permanent 301 redirect from your old site to new site)

- The title of the page is "friendlychatting.com" You should make it nicer such as "Friendly Chatting".

- There's no favicon

Below all this empty space I see a very cute forum peeking out! So definitely suggest you remove the empty space. I would want to see those happy emoticons right at the top.
Yes..lots of content but interest has been zilch. Oh well…
If I could see it immediately, I'd be right up in there replying!

P.S. which theme was the bunny one? I'd love to see it! :)

Last edited:
Ok the ‘no entry sign’ is there because it is a read only forum. As a guest you can select all the themes. The shoutbox cannot be hidden..it’s just the way it is.
Why is FriendlyChatting.com not friendly? I purchased a domain name..
Never thought of having a favicon..does that matter?

Some of the forum his hidden.,such as the private section and the welcomes/announcement's section. I removed a couple of categories because no one took part.

I’ll ask about making the navigation links bigger. Thank you for your comments.

Why is FriendlyChatting.com not friendly? I purchased a domain name..
Never thought of having a favicon..does that matter?
It is friendly, I mean the page title which shows up in the tab you have open.

1700069525071.png

See how Admin Junkies has an icon and `Admin Junkies- Admin, SEO & ...` in the tab title? On your forum it just said `FriendlyChatting.com`. So I suggest making that prettier and so that it shows `Friendly Chatting` and has a cute icon too!

Is your forum down btw? I can't connect. It's back online now. Here's what I mean about the title bar comparison:

1700079978901.png

It could look like this!!! (Yes that's a bunny)

1700080442942.png

Huge site improvement btw! It's looking great :)

Last edited:
Forums work for me.

Your changes aren't going to bring results overnight. So it'll take a while and some changes might not have an effect at all. So give it some time. :) The forum already looks a million times better than when I first browsed it. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds