Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

When should you pay for a developer?

Christopher1

Addicted member
Credits
When would be a good time to pay for a developer? It seems that most people on here create and develop their own websites, but sometimes the coding can be become too cumbersome and sometimes websites get errors.

There are even projects that are very complicated and sometimes we can't get the code to work the way it needs to do.

So, I ask again when would be a good time to hire a developer?

Advertisement Placeholder
When you can't do the work yourself.

Kind of this. I'd prefer to figure things out on my own, but if Im on a deadline and I have no idea what to do I could see myself looking for help. I havent had a project large enough that I've had to pay anyone yet, so.

Kind of this. I'd prefer to figure things out on my own, but if Im on a deadline and I have no idea what to do I could see myself looking for help. I havent had a project large enough that I've had to pay anyone yet, so.

Ah gotcha. Do you think that developers know how to code every website or do you need certain developers to code particular websites?

Mm probably more towards certain developers for certain code, but it depends on the site.

These days there are so many different ways to make websites. Now there are things like AngularJS, Laravel, SCSS(LESS, SASS), jQuery, REST, Node.js.. the list goes on.

It depends on what you need your website to do, and what languages will do it the best.

Mm probably more towards certain developers for certain code, but it depends on the site.

These days there are so many different ways to make websites. Now there are things like AngularJS, Laravel, SCSS(LESS, SASS), jQuery, REST, Node.js.. the list goes on.

It depends on what you need your website to do, and what languages will do it the best.

It really gets complicated. For one of my websites, I wanted to transfer php to a mobile app, so I had to find a mobile app developer who was good with cross functionality between php and mobile. So, now it's a mobile app as well as a website.

Here's a website link: www.inwordy.com

Here's a google play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inwordy.app&hl=en

I would say you should pay for a developer when you're not sure how to accomplish something you'd like to achieve. I've personally hired developers to make customized plugins for my website. I've learned over the years when you interact with a developer, you need to be as clear and precise about what it is you'd like to see. I've also had better success with a developer that understands the concepts and ideas I'm trying to convey in my emails/chats with them. It's a lot harder to deal with a developer who knows nothing about what you'd like to see. With that said, I'd also recommend that you never hire a developer that you don't feel comfortable with. Having an initial discussion with them via email/chat is important because it will allow you to get a feel for who they are and what prior work's they have done. I also like to get recommendations from anyone that I hire. It's too easy for a 2 bit website developer to throw up a page that says "Betty Sue loved our work here is what she said:". Rule of thumb, never hire anyone who you don't have a good feeling about.

I think a good time to hire a developer would be when you can't do it yourself or when you refuse to do it yourself. No one wants to be on a forum that has a ton of issues that the owner won't fit. If you can't do it yourself, hire someone else to do it or sell your site.

Like others have said, you need to pay a web developer when you start struggling and cannot get the work done yourself. You may eventually be able to figure it out, but sometimes you don't have that kind of time frame. If you are updating a live website that receives consistent traffic, then you want to have as little downtime as possible. If that means seeking outside help to get web development completed in a smaller time frame, so be it.

I do know CSS and HTML, but you are right, sometimes you do need some help as if you make one mistake in your code, it won't work or it display messed up on your website. The maximum I would pay is 100 pounds for a development job, it does depend on how good the design of the site is and what work he does.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds