Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

When did you get on the web?

Advertisement Placeholder
Believe me lol, we use an external system to manage our student profiles and an external mail system which is all integrated within our servers but when we updated to W7 our techs had to basically take apart said softwares and build parts of it back up to comply with our systems and such. Was a mess, (This is going on since September last year) and it is really only just being fixed. It is madness. They have a 3-5 year update policy though so we won't be seeing W8 in my time there anyway, haha.

haha, my school usually updates it quite quickly. We had the finished copies of Windows 7 before their public release.

Well I consider myself unlucky because I will miss the laptops in class era which is around the corner at my school. At my old prep (primary + intermediate) school they got netbooks the year after I left for everyone year 6+. Now at St Peters they're not planning to put in changes to become an e-school until probably a year or at the most 2 after I have left. :mad::mad::mad:

All Australian public schools were given netbooks to use for school and when we finish they are ours to keep. My screen broke and they want $400 to fix it. The netbook itself if 5 years and not worth it.

All Australian public schools were given netbooks to use for school and when we finish they are ours to keep. My screen broke and they want $400 to fix it. The netbook itself if 5 years and not worth it.

Are you serious? All public schools get netbooks??? :eek:

Only a small number of private schools here get netbooks, mine not included :( (Just for you English foke, there is a difference between what we call public and private schools in AUS and NZ ;) )

Australian Public schooling is a heck of a lot better than NZ public schooling, which was the main reason I was sent to a private school- even though my parents aren't actually wealthy. :)

Only a small number of private schools here get netbooks, mine not included :( (Just for you English foke, there is a difference between what we call public and private schools in AUS and NZ ;) )

Australian Public schooling is a heck of a lot better than NZ public schooling, which was the main reason I was sent to a private school- even though my parents aren't actually wealthy. :)
Over here alot of public schools are actually better then some private schools.

Well if public schools mean government funded and private means independently funded, it is the same over here Sam. :p I went to a public primary and secondary school and now I attend a government funded special needs college. The money has been taken from our entire educational system though due to these cut backs we have over here. We want to save money! Best thing to do? Take the money out of the system which will train the next generation of people who can make Britain money, genius move. People wonder why I want to move from the UK ><

Well if public schools mean government funded and private means independently funded, it is the same over here Sam. :p I went to a public primary and secondary school and now I attend a government funded special needs college. The money has been taken from our entire educational system though due to these cut backs we have over here. We want to save money! Best thing to do? Take the money out of the system which will train the next generation of people who can make Britain money, genius move. People wonder why I want to move from the UK ><

Funny, we have a HEAP of English people at my school.... And they tell me that a public school is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_school_(United_Kingdom)

Then my perception of it obviously different to theirs lol. To me, public is basically free schooling (government) and private is where you pay (independent).

Our school uses a manager for the computers that runs district-wide. We got Win7 set up in a week. :D

The district runs on a school-only ISP too.

--Sent from Tapatalk

1998. Then I got more 'serious' about it in 2002, when I started my first site. I didn't even have my computer back then, so I'd stay more at work to work on my projects. Really nasty times, though that's the moment I started being a site admin and realized how much I like this

Mine was probably around 2000-2005, can't remember the exact year. Back then it was Miniclip and dial up. The old times of mine are like that.

I guess it was 2003. The first thing to do online was updating norton antivirus. It was dialup and I had to wait like 2 or 3 hours before I could do anything! :(

Around 2001-2002, I remember going to cyber to play games and download stuff :-/
They were expensive and a lot slower :eek:

Around 2001-2002, I remember going to cyber to play games and download stuff :-/
They were expensive and a lot slower :eek:
Those were the days. I was satisfied with dial-up back then. Now I need speed.

Those who started to use the Internet are getting younger and younger. My youngest daughter who is ten now has been going online since she was 7. I only discovered the Internet in 2003 when I was 38 years old. Not many people in my country is using the Internet yet.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds