Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What's your favorite job as a moderator?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
It bothers me to go to a forum and see advertising spam. And, I like having moderator powers just to be able to smite the link spam. If I find a really good forum where I want to hang out a lot and notice a spam problem, then I ask the owner or admin or mod powers so I can get things cleaned up. I've gotten at least 5 moderator assignments just by doing that.

What is it about the job of moderator that you like most?

Advertisement Placeholder
As a staff member I love being able to get rid of the inappropriate posts right away without having to wait for someone else to take care of it.

As a staff member I love being able to get rid of the inappropriate posts right away without having to wait for someone else to take care of it.

Yep! I just like things looking tidy on a forum and spam ruins that. It's the best feeling knowing that I've done a good deed for the day by ridding the world of unwanted spam. Sometimes, I will just edit the spam post (if the post content looks original and not scraped from another site) to remove the offending link and then leave up the post. That defeats the spammer without deleting the post. That works too.

I was on this forum where they had a chatbox, and you could become a chatbox moderator. My favorite part of being a chatbox moderator was clearing the chat from spam and kicking/banning trolls from the chatbox :)

I have been a moderator before in some forums. I did not really have a favorite job, as I never really loved moderator duty.

My favorite job is giving warnings and moderating the forum. But I also love interacting with the community, so yeah that too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds