Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What's your favorite FTP software?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
I was having trouble making FileZilla run on my owner computer. And, most java based online FTP wasn't working either. Then I found FireFTP, which is a free secure FTP client for Firefox. Very easy and intuitive to use. A nice alternative to FileZilla.

http://fireftp.net/

What's your favorite FTP?

Advertisement Placeholder
I really like FileZilla, it's very easy for me to use and plenty fast. What problems were you having with it? I know that depending on the connection you may need to check or uncheck the passive mode, that could have been the issue, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check out FireFTP though, I'm always on the search for newer and better tools. :wink:

I use Filezilla too, have used smartftp but only for a little while, would check out FireFTP as well to see how it works, but I am pretty comfortable with Filezilla.

I have used quite a few FTP programs including FireFTP. FireFTP was ok but I really don't think you can beat Filezilla. Each time I try a new software I always end up going back to filezilla

I really like FileZilla, it's very easy for me to use and plenty fast. What problems were you having with it? I know that depending on the connection you may need to check or uncheck the passive mode, that could have been the issue, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check out FireFTP though, I'm always on the search for newer and better tools. :wink:
Indeed. I often just use FileZilla since they seem to be okay from the security point of view. :p It has a stable user-base, and it seems trust-able.

FileZilla. And when the ports are blocked (public places), I use the file manager in cPanel. x.x
Indeed. cPanel is often under estimated. :p But if you're on a public network, then cPanel has all the features you need. :)

It's just a pain when uploading multiple files. The decent file manager doesn't have that.
That's the only major limitation though. :p It's pretty neat that you can do all that you can do with cpanel on the web. I remember using 110MB host back in the day. xD

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds