Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's the longest you've been on hold with a support line?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to phoning support, no one ever wants to ever do it. I hate calling tech support or any support when I need to. Every time I end up having to call support for anything, I tend to run into problems or they never fix the problem. I've been on the phone too much with my cable company (what I get internet from) and phoning them can be a chore when problems come up.

Anyway, what's the longest you've been on hold? For me it was probably back when I called PayPal support, I think I was on hold for over an hour. But I've never been on hold for much longer. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
The longest I have been put on hold should be about 3 hours if I remember correctly and it's when I called one of the telecommunication companies that I'm making use of their career service. It was for a very frustrating problem that I was having with their network and after being kept on hold for about 3 hours, my call was dropped without the problem been fixed.

If I can walk into the office where I need the company to solve my problem in using their services, I would go with that option first instead of calling them. I dislike being put on hold, I have other things to do with my time than waiting on a call endlessly.

HOURS! Hours and hours! When they finally answer the phone I am in disbelief. Lol

You were even very lucky that after spending those hours waiting, they ended up answering your call. Where it was very frustrating for me was that after spending hours waiting on the call, they simply just drop the call on me without saying a word I was pissed throughout the whole day.

I don't have the patience to stay on hold for too long on calls. The maximum I will keep myself on hold is 5 minutes. If the agent doesn't come back active on the call in 5 minutes, I will end the call myself. They can go to hell for all I care.

If I can walk into the office where I need the company to solve my problem in using their services, I would go with that option first instead of calling them. I dislike being put on hold, I have other things to do with my time than waiting on a call endlessly.

Unfortunately doing something like this is always going to be very difficult for me in my country. This is because the companies I'm making use of their services have their offices very far from where I am residing. This makes it an impossible journey for me to go to their office to solve any problem that I have with their services.

Unfortunately doing something like this is always going to be very difficult for me in my country. This is because the companies I'm making use of their services have their offices very far from where I am residing. This makes it an impossible journey for me to go to their office to solve any problem that I have with their services.

This will be a challenge in your case. I'm careful with using company's services which their location isn't too far from me. It's where I can reach to in say 30 minutes drive. There are some of them too far but their services have been exceptional.

This will be a challenge in your case. I'm careful with using company's services which their location isn't too far from me. It's where I can reach to in say 30 minutes drive. There are some of them too far but their services have been exceptional.

Sometimes, I really question what companies are really doing when they are hiring those who are going to be working as their customer service representative. If those workers are really evaluated very well, I don't think most of them would likely be hired for the job because they don't know what they're doing.

Sometimes, I really question what companies are really doing when they are hiring those who are going to be working as their customer service representative. If those workers are really evaluated very well, I don't think most of them would likely be hired for the job because they don't know what they're doing.

This is where one problem lies. A lot of these companies don't pay much attention in their recruitment of call representatives. I've had an experience where a call representative picked my call but was talking to her colleague. When she finally responded to me, I quarried her on why she ignored me to be speaking with her colleague, she dropped the call.

2-3 hours at times with New Zealand government departments.

Damn! It must have been a very serious issue that you had to wait on the call for 2-3 hours before they attended to you. It's good that most of these departments have a call toll free numbers, otherwise it's going to be hell paying for such calls bills.

I'll not be on the hold for hours waiting for who doesn't care I've been on hold for hours. I wonder what they are doing in their office which will take them hours to respond?

It is very unfortunate that these departments or companies that are in charge of attending to customers need in this regard don't even care about how they keep people on hold waiting on call for them to be attended to for hours. It is simply because they don't have any serious competition in whatever business they are doing. This is why they are treating customers in this manner.

It is very unfortunate that these departments or companies that are in charge of attending to customers need in this regard don't even care about how they keep people on hold waiting on call for them to be attended to for hours. It is simply because they don't have any serious competition in whatever business they are doing. This is why they are treating customers in this manner.

I agree with this because it's when a company feel they don't have any competition with others for their customers patronage, the workers will be misbehaving. I've heard a worker voice out to a customer, let him go, he will still come back. Sadly, the guy left but still ended up coming back because he had nowhere else to buy what he needed.

I agree with this because it's when a company feel they don't have any competition with others for their customers patronage, the workers will be misbehaving. I've heard a worker voice out to a customer, let him go, he will still come back. Sadly, the guy left but still ended up coming back because he had nowhere else to buy what he needed.

This is exactly what we have been suffering at the hands of the telecommunication companies in our country even though we have about four different telecommunication companies. All of them are not doing anything to improve their services which is a very big disappointment.

This is exactly what we have been suffering at the hands of the telecommunication companies in our country even though we have about four different telecommunication companies. All of them are not doing anything to improve their services which is a very big disappointment.
It's a shame, unfortunately customers will keep being treated bad by these companies when they are spending their money on the company's services. If they had a Service Level Agreement, many customers will sue them.

It's a shame, unfortunately customers will keep being treated bad by these companies when they are spending their money on the company's services. If they had a Service Level Agreement, many customers will sue them.

This telecommunication companies know very well not to have any kind of service level agreement with their customers because with how bad their services have been for years, they must have been pushed into bankruptcy with paying damages to customers as a result of their failed service from them to their customers.

This happens to me very often, but if I have to wait more than 30 minutes, I don't wait, but I had a very important situation and as I understand it, I had to wait for 4 hours and it was very difficult because it was necessary always carry your phone with you to hear when it's your turn and I can't focus on other things

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds