Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's the difference between Social media marketing and digital media marketing

Nurudeen

Captain Junkie
Credits
I discussed this with my friend and I told him I want to learn any form of online marketing. So he said we have two which are social media marketing and Digital media marketing but he couldn't explain well to convince me on which one to choose from.

Advertisement Placeholder
Digital marketing is a lot broader and is about marketting a product on anything digital, be it google search or media while social media is strictly social media

If you're new as you said, here's the difference.

Digital: use of all types of digital platforms which include email, social media, online forums, any site that is online no matter what it does.

Social media is Facebook, Instagram and co.

No a days social media marketing getting attention. It is also fast method than digital marketing. I am also using social media marketing to boost up my business toom

Digital marketing is the advertising of products online on all platforms online.iz can be sale of ebook, apps etc while social media marketing is marketing on social media platforms

social media marketing involves the use of social media platforms to advertise a product while digital media marketing involves using both social media platforms and other online platforms too

They are both interwoven, digital marketing involves marketing across different digital platforms,could be TV ,big billboards and so on. While social media marketing involves advertisement and marketing on social media platforms. Social media marketing is also a form of digital marketing.

Compared to other forms of digital media marketing, most businesses and brands get faster response rates from social media marketing campaigns. But that is not enough to achieve the set marketing goals. To maximize profits and maximize ROI, it is important for businesses, enterprises and brands to incorporate other components of digital marketing into their digital marketing campaigns, not just social media marketing.

From my own understanding social media marketing is actual a part of digital marketing ,thus there seems to be no much difference between the two .

They are not too different only that digital marketing is more intense and advanced. Social media marketing has to utilize social media platforms for business transactions but digital marketing is broader and uses more technical platforms.

The social media marketing is an aspect of digital marketing. Note that Digital marketing is the marketing in which the internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms are used to promote products and services, therefore social media market is an aspect of digital marketing.

I discussed this with my friend and I told him I want to learn any form of online marketing. So he said we have two which are social media marketing and Digital media marketing but he couldn't explain well to convince me on which one to choose from.
You should wisely on the one you have ideal knowledge about. Because both of them are similar form of marketing. Because you can still sell your digital assets, or currency to make money.

Social media marketing is just like digital marketing. The little things between them is that digital marketing deals with stalling of materials on a digital level while selling on social medial platforms is what rẹ refer to as social media marketing.

Social digital marketing is a means to promote and sell your business product or services via social media platforms. But digital marketing is a platform where buyers and sellers meet to do business together. Example of digital marketing is that of the fiver platform. People render different services to the buyers. And payment is done directly by the owners of the platform, buyers pay to the platform owner, and owner pay to the seller and remove his own charges.

Digital media marketing is a more extensive term used to portray ALL computerized media channels that can be utilized to arrive at online shoppers. These channels can incorporate web-based media, web crawlers, email, or other computerized sharing/informing stages.

Socia media marketing is advanced promoting however just through web-based media channels. These channels incorporate stages like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat, Google+, and even Tiktok.

Social media marketing strictly involves social media only. Products are being promoted through its platforms like Facebook, instagram, twitter and so on. While digital marketing includes all kinds of online platforms like company's own websites, social media sites itself. And as we notice, here on forum sites, we can see a banner which is an advertisement for a certain site or product. That is also called digital marketing. Any forms of promotion that is being done online.

Digital marketing is the overall term for any marketing that is done on a device such as smartphones, Laptops, tablets, iPhones and the rest. Any marketing that technology makes possible is digital marketing.
Meanwhile social network marketing is a subsector of digital marketing, social network marketing has to do with using the platforms made available by social network such as facebook, twitter, telegram, instagram and WhatsApp to market goods or services to an online community or audience. It has a very wide reach than traditional marketing methods.

Both digital marketing and social media marketing works in hands. Social marketing is just one aspect of digital marketing.

If digital marketing is a whole, social media marketing will be an arm of it. Other aspects of digital marketing include but not limited to YouTube marketing, LinkedIn marketing, Paid ads marketing, Instagram marketing etc.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds