Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's the difference between Social media marketing and digital media marketing

Digital marketing make use of online and offline digital means to get product to the target audience, while social media marketing is limited to online boundaries. Social media marketing uses platform like Facebook, Instagram etc.

Advertisement Placeholder
I discussed this with my friend and I told him I want to learn any form of online marketing. So he said we have two which are social media marketing and Digital media marketing but he couldn't explain well to convince me on which one to choose from.
There is no significant difference between digital media marketing and social media marketing. They are birds of a feather that flock together. Digital marketing encompasses social media marketing.

Digital marketing uses both online and offline digital means to reach out to the target audience, while social media marketing is limited to online boundaries. ... while social media marketing may focus on one or more than one social media channel such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.

They are not too different only that digital marketing is more intense and advanced. Social media marketing has to utilize social media platforms for business transactions but digital marketing is broader and uses more technical platforms.

I think there is a little difference between digital marketing and social media marketing. Social media is the platform where you can advertise like facebook and instagram are social media. But digital marketing is included with email social media and other online form.

Digital marketing is a broader term used for the various marketing methods used to promote business on the internet. Social media marketing is just one method of digital marketing. Terms like Internet marketing or online marketing are also used for digital marketing.

Social media is an aspect of digital marketing. It involves the use of app to create awareness of a product in the market. Eg facebook or whatsapp

I think there is a broad difference between the two and digital marketing looks to be more broader and have more component compared to social marketing

Digital media also include social media. They include using billboard and other forms of advertisement that are not analogue while social media marketing is limited to social applications like Facebook and the likes alone.

Digital media also include social media. They include using billboard and other forms of advertisement that are not analogue while social media marketing is limited to social applications like Facebook and the likes alone.
Digital marketing also covers blogging and many others ,which social Media fails to cover ,there are too many difference between the social marketing and digital marketing

They are both interwoven, digital marketing involves marketing across different digital platforms,could be TV ,big billboards and so on. While social media marketing involves advertisement and marketing on social media platforms. Social media marketing is also a form of digital marketing.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds